You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie...with a few questions of course!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input. How long ago did you buy # 1223? I want to say I was talking with Newell about that one about 6 months ago and then it sold....LOL. BEAUTIFUL COACH!!

I purchased the coach through a dealer consignment for its original owner. This was his second Newell. The original owner had recently serviced the coach and we did a thorough PDI which included r & r of several small parts, and (4) drive tires. This coach has the Cummins ISX 650 HP with Allision Tranny. It goes pretty good. I had a bullydog tuner on my 2013 Entegra that we sold in this purchase and that tuner worked very well increasing the power and the fuel economy. I am considering their HD Tuner for this coach which can boost up to 15% power and increase the fuel economy. Will let all know if I give it a try. Worked very well on the ISL in the Entegra.

I do intend to take it to the factory in a few months and let them give me a thorough walk through and answer questions that I will be compiling. There are several small things that I have questions about, but this is my 5th class A coach and I do have a basic understanding and fairly good DIY mechanical sense.

A few things that I need to figure out should anyone be interested......LOL

* Can't figure out how to turn off the camera video player at night or put it in the standby mode where it awaits a turn signal or reverse activation. If i try to turn off the camera system the screen remains on and bright BLUE...(there is no on-off switch on the video monitor)

* Need time with the Silverleaf dash.....still haven't found the TPMS readouts. Lots of cool information in the dash and in the overhead panel screen.

* Still trying to figure out the DC/AC electrical.....I have had dual inverter coaches before so its just trying to understand what the silverleaf is telling me in different positions.

* Same with the (4) AC UNITS. On the silverleaf i can see that 2 of them are heat pumps.....trying to move my finger on the fan looking half circle I never seem to get what I want....it either changes the temp or the fan speed when i want the other.

* There is a switch on the drivers overhead that says FRONT AIR and REAR Air.....haven't figured that one out. There are controls for the front air (chassis ac to the driver compartment) on the rt side panel.

* Of course the Logitech stuff for all the electronics I just have to play with for a while. This coach has 2 different satellite receivers, one for in motion and the other when stationary and its all wired into these universal remotes. I just need to use it a while, I'm ok with that stuff as I have similar set ups in my house.

* Only one waste tank. What do folks do if the sewer connection is beyond the reach of the provided hose? The fancy green hose end does not seem to be removable to add an extension.

Otherwise, it drove great on the 5 hour trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas with a few hours of that at night. The headlights worked very good. We have only had one day to play with it but will be taking it on a trip around the west in September. It is in air conditioned storage right now.

Thanks again for your input.....please keep in touch.

Tom

P.S. I have been working with Pat D. at Newell and I am aware of the Newell used units having a warranty. Pat does not put or offer warranty on coaches that they do not sell, but we got a pretty good deal on it and did a pretty good PDI so hopefully we can get by with minimal issues for a while.

2011 Newell # 1413
2013 Entegra Anthem (sold)

Messages In This Thread
Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-07-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by Fulltiming - 07-07-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by edkunkel - 07-12-2018, 06:35 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by NotSoFast - 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-19-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by encantotom - 07-19-2018, 05:47 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by Nebster - 07-19-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: Newbie...with a few questions of course! - by skyking650 - 07-20-2018, 07:26 AM