You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sliding screen door

Has anyone either repaired or replaced your sliding screen on the door?  Ours has a tear at the top and lets bugs in!  I'd like to either replace it or repair it.  Any suggestions would be great. Idea   I have searched here and can't find anything on it.

Thanks
Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Pam, you should be able to find screening at Lowes/Home Depot similar to what is on there. Access requires removals of quite a bit of wood trim around the door to access but is doable. I had Newell replace the screen in mine about 10 years ago after Patrick, our previous Irish Wolfhound, ran through it. It did not appear difficult, just time consuming.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(07-08-2018, 08:50 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Pam, you should be able to find screening at Lowes/Home Depot similar to what is on there. Access requires removals of quite a bit of wood trim around the door to access but is doable. I had Newell replace the screen in mine about 10 years ago after Patrick, our previous Irish Wolfhound, ran through it. It did not appear difficult, just time consuming.

Thanks!  When we get back home this is one of the things on the list to replace!

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Does anyone know of a screen door system available for a front door model ?

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

I'm not sure if you have same screen door as me, but mine is a Phantom.  I used them a couple years ago, great customer service, reasonable pricing.  https://www.phantomscreens.com/

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP