You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Travel mode failure rear bags

I have a valid level system the rear wil not air up at all and shows a fault not allowing the rear 6 pack to go into travel mode.. to get me where I need to go does anyoneme know if you can bypass the 6 pack all together ? Just hook supply straight to the bags so I can get about 20 miles down the road?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Hooking the bags straight up to the air will add more air than they should have, leaving the drive axle light. You can make it work two different way: 1) tee the lines to the air bags together, add shutoff valve between the tee and the air supply and then manually sneak up on the needed pressure, 2) electrically disconnect the 6-pack and then manually energize the "raise" solenoids until you reach the desired pressure., leave the 6-pack isolated (probably ought to do this in both cases so that the controls don't do something funky while under way). These two approaches only work if the air bags reliably hold pressure. If not, then you either have to stop and re-air the system or you are stuck until you solve the leaks.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

does the valid leveling system have 6 packs like the hwh one?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

As I understand the leveling system
Air is supplied to 6 pack
The 6 pack supplies air to the leveling valve
The leveling valve (HCV) sets ride height
If I’m correct air supplyed to the HCV should raise coach

If I’m wrong, someone please correct me

George

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

George,

With plenty of air pressure supplied to the 6-pack, the travel coils must be energize for the coach to react to the HCV. A blown travel fuse in the HWH box will prohibit the coach from going to ride height.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

His coach doesn't have hwh. It is valid

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Rudy
IF you by passed a non working 6 pack AND sent air to leveling valve
The coach should raise??

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Hot wire the two travel solenoids in the rear.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, do you mean disconnect each rear travel solenoid At the plug, and make a jumper to a 12v source? Attached is a picture of Gordon’s troubleshooting device that seems to be perfect for this situation, just unplug the solenoid and plug in this jumper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Geogeb, I agree with straight to HCV. But if using air from 6-pack, travel valves must open. Just fixed a coach with shorted wire that blew travel fuse resulting in no travel function. Raise and lower worked fine.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area