You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The newell family

A part of Newell ownership that is often overlooked is the Newell family. Suzy & I had a wonderful dinner with Jimmy & Brenda(guru member Ozarkguy) last night at one of Eureka Springs, AR finest. Always fun to get together & talk "Newells". David Linninger is coming by the farm today for more "Newell" talk(guru member Kb0zke). I know I'm preaching to the choir to most here, but for those that are trying to decide on a Newell, owning a Newell is great, but the Newell friendships are priceless!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

".....owning a Newell is great, but the Newell friendships are priceless!"

AMEN!! said the choir.....and to think how close we came to not buying a Newell.....I now cannot imagine my life without the many Newell friends we have made. When Todd (Flick) called me to talk about buying the Newell he ended up buying I think we spent as much, or more time about the Newell family of which he would become a part.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I had 2 friends that owned Newells, before I bought mine, now I have 4 (this week) and all own Newells:
rolleyes:

Connie and I heading out for short trip on Sunday...She has been requested for federal jury duty!!!

I understand they pay for travel expense????Cool

Met many great Newell owners and friends at Austin Rally...

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

i think if i look at our guru member list i have personally met over 20 of the members. many have been to our home and others we have met on the road at our little get togethers. i have also been to a number of their homes.

then you add the large group of ones that i have talked to on the phone it gets to be quite a large number of newell friends.

we have all said it many times but none of us expected to get a whole new group of wonderful friends when we bought our newells.

i look forward to meeting many more of you as time goes on. if anyone wants to just chat, and you dont have my phone number, just PM or email me and i will send it to you.

this summer we thrust ourselves on jimmy, richard, steve b as we visited them on our trip. they all were wonderful hosts and took us in like the wandering strangers we were....

i think i must get a call or email or PM almost every day from one of my newell buddies. it brightens my day.

thanks to all of you.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(01-05-2013, 10:21 AM)rheavn Wrote:  A part of Newell ownership that is often overlooked is the Newell family. Suzy & I had a wonderful dinner with Jimmy & Brenda(guru member Ozarkguy) last night at one of Eureka Springs, AR finest. Always fun to get together & talk "Newells". David Linninger is coming by the farm today for more "Newell" talk(guru member Kb0zke). I know I'm preaching to the choir to most here, but for those that are trying to decide on a Newell, owning a Newell is great, but the Newell friendships are priceless!

Brenda & I had a great time! The food was good & so was the conversation and company! Even Arkansas Red on the guitar was a nice touch. We'll do it again!!

Jimmy

I agree. The Newell clan has literally saved me thousands (in spite of the rebuild) and allowed me the confidence to tackle many things I would have passed onto someone else. My boys have also enjoyed working on it with me which is a blast.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I started a separate thread thanking Steve and Suzy for their hospitality this afternoon, but I'll chime in here, too. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and the allotted time passed all too quickly.

So help us out, Newell family! Surely someone knows someone who wants to buy our little mpg travel trailer so we can get a Newell! <grin> Seriously, we don't really expect you to find a buyer, but until that trailer sells we can't buy anything. We can continue to learn as much as possible, though.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Enjoyed the hospitality of Steve & Suzie last eve along with meeting Forrest & Cindy with their very nice coach. Great time for all!!

Jimmy