You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Change Coach Question

Thanks Tom,

This is exactly my situation, when I got the RV I wanted to tore it down and start from scratch but ended up doing 1/4 of what I wanted to do to it and ended up rebuilding it like it was before so we could travel. 

On our last trip I decided to take some of the remodels as my hobby on the weekends (we've set it up a time and everything already), but my wife keeps saying, with a good reason, let's make a decision first and then you can work on it if we decide to keep it.

The height of the interior of the RV is important to me as my 6'2" fit on the shower just fine, I would LOVE to modify the roof in that area of the coach to make it square and add a skylight right on top of the shower, one can only dream!

I know that there will no more complications with a newer model but I also love to fiddle with electronics on vehicles. I previously had a car that had almost 200 computers in it and you could program and change pretty much anything you wanted and of course I did, sometimes with not good results but you can bet that I had a ton of fun in the process, I learned how to send messages over CAN, which I'm pretty sure there will be some CAN bus on a newer Newell (some of those black boxes communicate with another computer somewhere else, the way they do it is using buses, the automative ones use CAN so I don't think Newell reinvented the wheel there, could be wrong though. anyway I digressed.

The idea behind remodeling the interior of my 1988 Newell is not to get a cent out of it but just to enjoy it while we use it, but to be honest that is not entirely true because we are enjoying it right now while it is in it's current state.

In regards to the temp on my RV I really want to start creating my digital dashboard because I haven't seen bad temps on this thing yet, and the radiator in the back is as clean as you can get, the previous owner did an amazing job at keeping the cooling system in very good shape and you can tell. We spent a day and a half in Needles, CA and we left with 118* but later on the day they were expecting 125* and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be on the RV on some of the hill climbs (wasn't towing at the time, we just drove separate vehicles). Of course, I keep saying this and might ending up eating all my words if one day this engine just gives up because of all those hot days but until then I enjoy it like crazy! Smile

Thank you very much for your input, this just confirms what I though already but a nudge in the right direction sometimes helps a lot!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Messages In This Thread
Change Coach Question - by Floridian - 08-03-2018, 10:34 AM
RE: Change Coach Question - by encantotom - 08-03-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Change Coach Question - by Floridian - 08-03-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Change Coach Question - by Floridian - 08-03-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: Change Coach Question - by Richard - 08-03-2018, 12:35 PM
RE: Change Coach Question - by Floridian - 08-03-2018, 01:31 PM
RE: Change Coach Question - by encantotom - 08-03-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: Change Coach Question - by MrE - 08-03-2018, 08:46 PM