You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

spare wires in bedroom slide lighting control panel

howdy,

i have a large number of extra wires that are in the bundle that goes to the control panel for the lights and where the alarm/clock/thermostat is on the bedroom slide. i want to use some of them for dc power with my new nightstands and bed lift.

but, i have not been able to find out where they go to. i have looked in the dc fuse panel in the rear bath closet and didnt find any spares in there.

anyone have any idea where they go so i can find and use them??

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

Next time you are at Newell, ask one of the techs. They have "notes" and wiring diagrams for all of the coaches dating way back. Or you could maybe do it over the phone.

I had some work done on my bedroom night stand control panel and the tech didn't plug one of the wires back in when he finished the job.

I noticed that my generator light was not lit with the generator running.
The tech removed the panel (checked his wiring diagram) and plugged the correct wire in.

Problem solvedSmile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

i dont know when i will be back that way so i will call and ask them.

i really could use some of those wires if i knew where they went.

thanks

tom

Tom,
The extra wires on my coach are tied together in the stainless box on the rear wall of the engine access compartment on the right side of the vehicle--last compartment. On mine there are about 8-10 wires of different colors. I believe four go to the front, behind the fuse panel and at least two go to the bedroom slide. As I recall at least two more go to the kitchen area. Mine are toward the bottom, in the middle of the box, tie wrapped together.

When I needed a wire from the back of the coach to the front it was nice to find a spare wire, already run, so I could power the tow car brake on light. Thank You Newell!

Good Luck......................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve, you mean the box where the voltage regulator is or the one that is in the side door engine compartment?

sure seems like they would run some of the spare wires from the bedroom slide area to the dc fuse panel in the rear closet. like if they were power bedroom shades or for the bed lift (like i want to use it for) or for more lights.

i could see running spares from the front power panel by the passenger feet to the rear panel you are talking about , but i wonder why from the bedroom slide to there?

i will look there though.

thanks

tom

The box inside the last compartment on the right side where several wiring blocks are located, not the compartment the voltage regulator is in under the engine access cover. I had a conversation with Newell, about 3 years ago, about where the spare wires were located and that is where I remember they told me. You might call Newell and see if there were more spare wires run that I don't know about, or if I misunderstood and update us if there are some more.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

sorry steve,

still not understanding what compartment you mean. the little one behind the rear wheels where the regulator for the rear slide seal is? or the side engine door that swings out that is next to it?

tom

Steve, if you have a chance, a photo of the wires would help us all.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

No need to be sorry. Obviously I'm not being clear. Also don't forget the caveat that should go with almost every tech post----No Two Newells Are The Same. Pictures are worth thousands of words. In the last photo you'll see the spare wires in the box that is labeled "rear terminal box" on my coach.

Hope this helps.....................

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, thanks. Again a picture is worth a thousand words. Tom, most likely I am telling you something you already know, but all of my bedside switches are fused in the rear control panel. Consider connecting a wire to the open ended wire in the bedroom and with an ohm meter, check the other end of the connected wire to the non-power side of the various fuses. When the ohm meter closes, you will know which wire goes to which fuse and the fuse label should then tell you what the unknown bedroom wire controls. Am I missing the question?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica