You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic

(08-26-2018, 06:59 PM)Floridian Wrote:  On my classic I have the old fuse type, the glass tube with metallic ends.

Also the fuse panel on a classic is right in front of the passenger seat and I have removed the ENTIRE dashboard to replace it with a design I created (thinner and with an electronic dashboard) so while in there I was thinking that it won’t hurt to have a better organized fuse panel and the current fuse panel is sticking out a good 10” from the front wall and is not helping with my new thin dashboard so I was thinking in replacing it with an alluminum anodized panel and have like 50 of those circuit breakers but I wasn’t sure if they are appropriate to replace the current fuses. I guess that I will ha have to try!

Now that I know that they are used in some cases I feel more confident in doing this.

If you need someone to anodize the panel I know a guy.

In my case these fuses are the old glass tube fuses and for some reason, I guess heat dissipation or airflow, they are separated from the windshield like 10” and I NEED that space. I have never experienced a short (yet) but that is not the main reason behind why I want to change them. I will post a picture of my fuse panel and it will be easier to understand that way.

1995 # 390

Messages In This Thread
Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-26-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Richard - 08-26-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-26-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Keith Jordan - 08-27-2018, 08:14 AM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by 77newell - 08-26-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Richard - 08-27-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: Update fuse to circuit breaker on a Classic - by Floridian - 08-27-2018, 10:31 AM