You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alternator Pulley part number please!

I didn’t want to post this here but I have searched the site and cannot find a reference to the 5” alternator pulley...  Please post if you have the number.  My coach has the Alternator, A/C compressor and Engine takeoff (water pump) all on a double belt system...  it is eating belts like crazy...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian, I don,t have a part number. I found a 5” pulley with the correct bore, machined a spacer so the belt alignment would be correct, and machined a cup for the front so the nut would not run out of threads. I understand this doesn’t help you much but it was my resolution to the belt degradation problem. Even now, I can’t engage the AC until the batteries have peaked without screaming belts. I always run my generator for a while so there is power on the charger/inverter to charge the batteries if dry camping, not needed if departing from a shore power site. I’m just careful when I can apply the AC. Usually after a few short minutes, the AC can come on. Belts are changed at annual service regardless, they’re cheap. Maybe someone else has a P/N. I wasn’t going to mess around buying pullieys trying to get a direct swap and go. I’m fortunate to have a lathe so, it,s not a big deal.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Any truck electric place that works on truck starters and alternators can order you one.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I’m going to get the coach to Bernd’s in Lufkin, TX and see what he can do with it.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40