You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kb0zke is looking for older Newell

Ouch, that one would definately need a big inspection! Unless you just want to leave it sit, then why buy one with a motor?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

that is what I am thinking! $40K and ready to travel? If he finds one, I want this guy behind me when I am traveling.
Sorry but if he is going to be this concerned over the price will he be able to maintain the coach?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

This looks like it may be worth taking a look at.. Lower Price according to the AD

http://www.rvregistry.com/used-rv/138869.htm

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Looks like you found one to go and look at. A little advice, check the refrigerator with a thermometer. Make sure it can "recover" to around 40 degrees after the door is opened for a minute or so. My '87 Newell had a butane/12v/ Dometic refrigerator and it gave me fits. During the summer I could only get it up to about 55 degrees inside.

If you are going to be living in the coach the refrigerator is a very important piece of equipment. The ad mentions that the refrigerator is an upper/lower model (?).

Turn on & run everything: ACs (test with thermometer), electric heaters, water heater, run generator for at least 2 hours, TVs, spray air bags with soapy water, check tires for sidewall cracking & tire dates, etc.

Looks like a nice coach; hope you get itSmile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

(02-08-2013, 07:09 AM)tuga Wrote:  Jimmy,

Looks like you found one to go and look at. A little advice, check the refrigerator with a thermometer. Make sure it can "recover" to around 40 degrees after the door is opened for a minute or so. My '87 Newell had a butane/12v/ Dometic refrigerator and it gave me fits. During the summer I could only get it up to about 55 degrees inside.

If you are going to be living in the coach the refrigerator is a very important piece of equipment. The ad mentions that the refrigerator is an upper/lower model (?).

Turn on & run everything: ACs (test with thermometer), electric heaters, water heater, run generator for at least 2 hours, TVs, spray air bags with soapy water, check tires for sidewall cracking & tire dates, etc.

Looks like a nice coach; hope you get itSmile

Looks Like a deal, However I considered that Kb0zke might be interested..
On another note my 4 door propane/electric ref in my 5th wheel was able to keep Icecream in Phoenix @ 115` all summer.. Tom says it must be magic.. never a problem.. one wonders...
When I spring for my next Newell it will be a 05 or newer.. (we all have dreams)

Jimmy

Oh you two are funny. I bought that coach in July and in my haste got to then rebuild the engine for $25k. Other than that we love it and you all get to see it in June. From that experience and getting to know Tom I would be all over his coach or that 89 for a reasonable price. However I would inspect the 89 carefully and test all fluids. Toms I would just toss him the check and drive off.

Nuff said can I get an amen from the choir?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Interesting the Ad showed up again... One thing about it.. that Newell having a loving new owner will never need an Engine again! They all require a certian amount of $$$$ to keep um going.. When someone fails to feed um the Next Owner has to make up the difference.. Toms is at the top now, so would be EZ to keep it there....No catch-up required!

Jimmy

"Nuff said can I get an amen from the choir?".......AAMMEENN! Funny that the ad for your coach is still "up".....yup....in the end you could have had Tom's for almost what you've got in the '84.....Nevertheless, your coach is now REALLY your coach....you know exactly what you've got, and it will give you many years of pleasure! Really looking forward to seeing your coach, and hanging out....wish Steve could come too.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Just goes to show you $50-$60K is a great price (Clarke we got very lucky!).
I would be much more interested in the Diesel (what kind and condition), Interior and Exterior Condition. Not sure about what Tom is asking but it is ready to roll and he is only selling because he moved up has to be a good deal for someone.
AAMEENN!! Clarke I think we are on the same page here.

PS I wish we could come as well but the timing isn't right, enjoy!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I really appreciate all the leads people have given us. I learn something from each one. I haven't seen many Newells, but how common is a door for the driver? I've seen that on some other brands, but it doesn't seem to be all that common.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371