You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost

Hello everyone

I'm charlie. I turn 42 on 11/1. Prior to 8/1, I had never considered
Full timing it in an RV, but my dog died unexpectedly and it suddenly dawned on
Me that: I can do my work from anywhere so long as I have internet and cell phone
Capabilities, so the search began.  

I went to a couple RV lots where I was shown "the greatest class a DP out there...the Monaco Executive"--yup, we can all share in that laugh now, but good thing I'm not the typical consumer who
Buys before thoroughly researching.  

I came to Newell or Prevost primarily because of the safety aspect and because I have a general understanding of chassis design and structural integrity and I just can't stomach the idea of driving around in a stick house on top of a bus frame.

So, where am I in this process? 
I currently live alone in a condo in irvine. My lease is up next 8/1 so I have some time. I have to downsize from a 1700ft apartment and a 25x10 storage unit.  

As I consider my options, I would like to stay under $250k, preferably below $200.
I initially thought I "had to" have slides, but the more I think about it, i feel as though I would feel "safer" without slides. I also realize slides present an additional maintenance expense as well as additional weight which leads to reduced fuel efficiency.   

I love the concept of the Newell being built solidly as it is but also being built as an RV from the start.  At the same time, I do really like the look of the stainless XL style Prevost.  

If anyone is still reading, I'm very hopeful that I will get some good feedback from you guys on here, advice for someone in the market, advice for a guy considering a solo full-time lifestyle (I work with professional athletes primarily so I'm viewing this as a "vehicle", no pun intended, for establishing and cultivating relationships with clients as I travel as well), advice for someone considering prevost or Newell, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by encantotom - 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by HoosierDaddy - 10-07-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by folivier - 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by House Divided - 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Land Yacht - 10-08-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Nebster - 10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by ccjohnson - 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by NotSoFast - 10-13-2018, 05:15 AM