You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost

I am also a solo traveller (probably travel in coach 25% of my time). Here are some thoughts in no particular order:

- Managing a 45' coach with no co-pilot takes some effort. (My two Boxer dogs don't stay awake long enough to help). Things like reading maps, spotter when backing up / parking, looking out for landmarks and road signs. After 100k miles driving the coach, I am just now comfortable. (I may be slow learner).

- I don't tow a vehicle. I have motorcycle lift with a big bike on the the back. This allows me to back up whenever I need to. Pre-2004 coaches don't have a steer tag axle and that means they have a HUGE turning radius. If you are not really careful, you can end up in a place you cannot drive out of. Since you cannot back up while towing it adds another level of complexity. Again, with a co-pilot a car can be unhooked and moved out of the way if you end up needing to back up.

- The general rule of thumb about slides is....If you drive more than park, get fewer slides. If you park more than you drive, get more slides. I have four slides and enjoy the room when parked...though it is a little tight when moving from place to place.

Finally, talk to some full-timers. They will give you invaluable advice.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
bill

ps. Sorry about the loss of your dog. These furry creatures bring a great deal of happiness to the our world. When I lost my "heart dog", I remembered what someone told me.... When you get a dog, you also sign up for a heartache but the joy they bring you far offsets the pain of losing them.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by encantotom - 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by HoosierDaddy - 10-07-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by folivier - 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by House Divided - 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Land Yacht - 10-08-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Nebster - 10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by ccjohnson - 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by NotSoFast - 10-13-2018, 05:15 AM