You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost

(10-07-2018, 06:06 PM)encantotom Wrote:  "you also need to be very handy or they can eat you up paying someone to do everything on them.  

i have had 3 newells so am a bit biased.  

tom"

Thanks for your comment and tips, Tom.  I am very mechanically inclined and have always worked on my own vehicles.  I tend to be the kind of person who likes to figure stuff out on my own and do my own work.  Having said that, I don't want to buy something that I am going to be working on every day, or something that always has something wrong with it.  I was hoping to buy one "zero'd out" or get it "zero'd out" after I buy it such that, other than an unexpected item here and there, I can count on just getting everything handled during a yearly maintenance.  

Can I ask you: What do you think is a good amount to budget for a yearly "maintenance and repair" budget?  Now I know it will vary based on models and options, so maybe you could give me your own experience, or a 0 slide vs 3-4 slide coach?  I know certain years will be more costly than others so I was hoping I could get a multi-year average so that I could figure out what the yearly outlay will look like.  

Thanks in advance for your help/tips. 

(10-07-2018, 07:13 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  I echoe Toms comments. What are you considering for a toad? If I were fulltiming I would want an enclosed trailer to haul a small vehicle and function as a garage.

Good question re: Toad--I went back and forth on Class A vs 5th wheel for this exact reason, I do not want to have to tow if I don't have to. I was thinking of doing a motorcycle lift on back with a dual sport bike to get me in and out of anywhere as needed, and then I hoped that maybe I could just uber and/or rent a car for a day as needed on Turo or the like.  

Having said/written that, I have a feeling that will get old.  I understand that 4-down is probably the easiest way to tow but I don't know that I like the idea of all that wear on tires and drivetrain of the towed vehicle.  It would be great if I could just slide a car into my basement storage! lol  

you've got me stumped a bit here as the TOAD has been a consistent thorn in my side as I research how feasible this is.

(10-08-2018, 05:38 AM)folivier Wrote:  We Fulltimed in a 2-slide 45' Newell pulling a full-size extended cab truck with the Rzr in the bed.  Had no problem carrying all our stuff for 2 people.
Lots of options to consider.  Good luck in your search.

thank you very much for your insight and tips...I have thought of the very same issues that you mentioned...

Messages In This Thread
Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by encantotom - 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by HoosierDaddy - 10-07-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by folivier - 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by House Divided - 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Land Yacht - 10-08-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Nebster - 10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by ccjohnson - 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by NotSoFast - 10-13-2018, 05:15 AM