You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost

(10-08-2018, 06:01 AM)bikestuf Wrote:  Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
bill

ps.  Sorry about the loss of your dog.  These furry creatures bring a great deal of happiness to the our world.  When I lost my "heart dog", I remembered what someone told me....  When you get a dog, you also sign up for a heartache but the joy they bring you far offsets the pain of losing them.

Lots of useful info here, thank you, and thank you for your kind words about the loss of my dog-it's been a tough one to deal with, that's for sure. 

I have thought of those very issues you mentioned regarding the absence of a co-pilot!  I have also thought of operating as you do, with a motorcycle lift and a dual sport on the back...I know I could get to and from the gym and to and from small purchases/outings in the bike, but I don't know how I would contend with grocery store visits and laundry and visiting clients in remote areas...

regarding the slides---as I envision myself in the coach, I think about parking it in a "Shady" area (and I don't mean a place lacking sunlight) and it just feels more "safe" to me to have everything contained within the coach as opposed to having these slides that come outside of the coach itself.  I just feel like I would feel as though I am in some sort of "appendage" that is more exposed to the elements (and bad people).  In general, and while I'm not a scared type of individual (I am 6'3" and 205lbs with physical and weapons training), I just think a no-slide coach is more protected and safe by design.  I also feel that this translates to a potential crash since I can't fathom how a coach with 2-4 gaping holes cut out of it is still as rigid and safe in a crash as one without.  

Let me ask you, Bill:  How much on average do you budget for yearly maintenance and repairs? 
thank you!

(10-08-2018, 12:22 PM)House Divided Wrote:  I too love the XL stainless steel look, but didn't like the loss of interior space due to the XL's curved side walls. We also found the Newell interior of the era to be more to our liking.

Hello and thank you so much for your reply.  This is especially helpful since you appear to have gone through much of the same deliberations that I currently am.  I'm happy to read that you have done just fine without slides.  Regarding the XL, I had not heard about curved side walls.  Is this true of the XLII as well?   Very curious.  

Thanks again oh and if it's not too much of a bother, can you let me know, assuming you know, what your average yearly maintenance and repair bill looks like? 
Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by encantotom - 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by HoosierDaddy - 10-07-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by folivier - 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by House Divided - 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by bikestuff - 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Land Yacht - 10-08-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Jdllmt - 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by Nebster - 10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by ccjohnson - 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Attorney looking to go full-time, solo, in a Newell or Prevost - by NotSoFast - 10-13-2018, 05:15 AM