You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water pressure issue

Since getting our '98, we have had a water pressure issue in the kitchen and shower. Bathroom sink, toilet and outside bib are fine.

So far, we've done the following

- Soaked shower head and faucet head in vinegar (marginal improvement)
- Changed water pressure regulator in plumbing bay (nada)
- Replace cartridge in kitchen faucet handle (some improvement )
- Removed old giant water filter in plumbing bay (couldn't get parts anyway, but no improvement)
- Replaced filter cartridge in small filter in plumbing bay (slight improvement )
- Added two large external filters ( no change)

Grohe fixture in kitchen, unknown in shower.

Driving me crazy!

Phil & Judy Horton
Coach # 470
1998 43 feet, single slide
Two elderly dogs
'75 Porsche 911S
20 foot car trailer
Presently @ Lazydays, Tucson, Az

hi phil,

darlene and i are coming down to see les saturday afternoon. if you will be around, we would like to meet you guys and maybe we could brainstorm about your water pressure.

does this happen on city water pressure, or with the water pumps or both? do you have both 12v and 110v water pumps?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We'll be around (site 1564).problem happens with city water & on the coach pumps. We have only 12 v pumps..

Phil

uote='encantotom' pid='3460' dateline='1357925304']
hi phil,

darlene and i are coming down to see les saturday afternoon. if you will be around, we would like to meet you guys and maybe we could brainstorm about your water pressure.

does this happen on city water pressure, or with the water pumps or both? do you have both 12v and 110v water pumps?

tom
[/quote]

I don't know how the newer Newells are plumbed, but on our 1982 we have various gate valves in the water bay that can shut off water to the kitchen, bathroom, shower. Do you have a similar set up, and is it possible one, or more valves are partially closed, or clogging up? Just another thought.....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Is the problem isolated to those two fixtures? Do they have water restriction discs just before the shower outlet and faucet outlet? Are both temperature regulating faucets? If so I suspect that hard water has built up deposits on the internal workings. If so take the innards out and clean them.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The problem is just the two fixtures. Both are temp reg & I've changed the cartridge in the Kohler. One has a water restriction disc; the other doesn't. I've attached the shower head to the bath faucet= great flow.

Phil

quote='Richard' pid='3466' dateline='1357960209']
Is the problem isolated to those two fixtures? Do they have water restriction discs just before the shower outlet and faucet outlet? Are both temperature regulating faucets? If so I suspect that hard water has built up deposits on the internal workings. If so take the innards out and clean them.
[/quote]

yes, we have gate valves in the plumbing bay. That will be next. Looks rather challenging to get the panel off.

Phil

(01-11-2013, 01:49 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  I don't know how the newer Newells are plumbed, but on our 1982 we have various gate valves in the water bay that can shut off water to the kitchen, bathroom, shower. Do you have a similar set up, and is it possible one, or more valves are partially closed, or clogging up? Just another thought.....

Tom loves stuff like that Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Phil,
I have had the panel off several times. On mine I just remove all the valve handles and remove the 8-12 fasteners that hold the outer edge of the panel. The panel I am talking about is just the panel that covers the water valves. You don't want or need to take off the WHOLE water bay compartment cover. Don't remove any fasteners that aren't on the edge. The tank level system is still wired up, but there is plenty of wire on mine to set the panel aside. At that point you'll have full access to the valves.

Hope this helps.............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Phil,
Also when you get the cover off, look closely at the hosing for the kitchen & shower. Might find a kink or a bad hose.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Phil,

You might try turning water all the way hot and then all the way cold to see if there is a difference. If the cold water is better, then a hot water tempering valve may be the culprit. That is what happened to me! Mine was located near the aquahot unit (not sure if you have that type of hot water).

Cheers,
bill

ps. the hot / cold test will also help identify a kinked water line.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama