You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

360 cameras?

Has anyone thought about adding one of these 360 degree view cameras?

The trend is that all the cars will have them in about 15 minutes ....

https://wirelessprime.com/product/owleye...ng-system/

And HOW would you install it.  Is there a conduit or a loom where you could pull a cable fore and aft, and side to side?

I gotta figure that @"bikestuff" will be the test coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

my car has it. the side cameras are on the bottom of the side mirrors.

so....where would you locate them is the question?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(10-23-2018, 07:53 AM)encantotom Wrote:  my car has it.  the side cameras are on the bottom of the side mirrors.  

so....where would you locate them is the question?

tom

Would not have to be on the mirrors, just on the sides ... and back and front.

.... Googled more and I found a guy on the irv2 forums installing one on SOB. Still reading the thread ....

That’s right up my ally..but I don’t think this is the right system to try. I looked at the website and there were no installation / calibration manuals available.

There are at least two big problems with systems like these. 1). Mounting the cameras to an existing RV. Drilling holes, running power cables, etc. Even though the cameras are small, they are likely to look like warts if the installation is not thought through. And 2). The calibration is critical to getting an accurate 360 degree “effect”.

As much as I would like to have a system like this, I am somewhat doubtful. To get a 360 view, you have to have four 180 degree cameras and have them placed along the centerline of the coach.

Of course, I could be wrong. If you have seen a system working well on a full size RV, I will gladly acknowledge my ignorance!

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I have side view cameras (and a rear view) on CreamPie (our coach) and they work well but I never did get them to work when I turn on the blinkers. I got them from Amazon as part of a rear view camera system and I think I can add a front or additional camera to make 4. I would like to have a system that would alert me (like curb feelers) when a car is beside me or if I’m about to hit something at low speed like the newer cars have. I know there are RV-specific systems out there now that you can retrofit but have not researched it.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

They have a video on that page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5_Mj0JucU

at 0:51 they say that you have the calibration instructions in the users manual, it will be nice to have them online as well.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1pDtUssaM

this is come video from a guy that installed it states he drove cross country with it ....

That video shows what happens if the system is not calibrated properly. The images to not join up at the corners.

I am not against these...Would love to have one, but am waiting for a more robust system to be offered.

The guy in the video has some interesting videos on restoring scratched paint on his RV.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama