You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

cost to run aquahot

hi,

if it is cold weather, a couple of questions. 1st, is can the aquahot heat the coach sufficiently running just on the two electric elements if you have 50a service.

second is if not, how much fuel does the aquahot take in diesel mode to keep the coach heated.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

[quote='encantotom' pid='3482' dateline='1358100717']
hi,

if it is cold weather, a couple of questions. 1st, is can the aquahot heat the coach sufficiently running just on the two electric elements if you have 50a service.

second is if not, how much fuel does the aquahot take in diesel mode to keep the coach heated.

You should be able to heat the coach with the electric elements only with temp above the teens. I have been in -18 and with no problem

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

ok, so that answers the electric part. if i am running on diesel, does anyone have any estimates of fuel usage?

thanks

tom

Tom:
The Aquahot uses about 1/2 gal per hour and from 1 to 2 gal a day as per Roger's site.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

i will run it all night tonite and it is supposed to get to mid 20's. it is a toasty 73 inside the coach right now so it is clearly doing its job.

i have discovered the hi/lo fan for the salon only operated on hi, so gotta figure that out. as well the fan in the mid bath is pretty noisy as i have already said. so a couple of small things to fix.

i did discover that this morning when i went outside and it was 31 inside the coach that the two fans that are controlled by a separate thermostat (mid bath and rear bath) were both running even though the aquahot was not on.

and there is no off switch. so if there is 12v power and the temp gets below 40, those fans are going to come on and blow cold air around.

is that the way it is for those of you who have aquahots?

seems kinda goofy

tom

On my bath thermostat, all the way ccw turns it off.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i know they did on my 90 as well. but these dont seem to. i might have to replace them....

how long does it take it for those of you who have aquahots to go from freezing to 73 degrees?

richard says his will do it in a few hours. mine takes more like 6 hours. i do have higher ceilings, two slides and 3 more feet, so maybe volume is part of it. but not all of it.

it seems like the fans could move more air to me. they are not very strong.

tom

Tom, it sounds like you may have a couple of problems. You may end up fixing several things before you get the whole problem taken care of.

First, if the rotary switch on your thermostat isn't letting you turn the fans off, it is possible that it has other problems as well. You may want to start troubleshooting there, or you may want to just replace the thermostat.

Second, is the fan really a two-speed fan? If so, why isn't it switching from low to high? Is there a setting on the thermostat, a manual switch somewhere, or is it automatic? That may be the biggest challenge. I'd start by making sure that the fan really is a two-speed fan. If it is, then you are going to have to track down what makes it change speeds. Do you have a wiring diagram?

Good luck.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

the thermostats do not have an off position. either one of them. so either i dont worry about it (it only gets that colds a few days a year here or i replace them with ones that have an off switch. no big deal either way. it just kinda surprised me they didnt have an off position.

the front salon fan has a low and high speed switch on the window box. on high it works and on low it shuts off. so i will check the wiring before i replace the motor.

thanks

tom