You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Need rear bumper

No cracking so I’m sure you are correct.. may be the best avenue to travel down

At one time I owned a 1989 and the bumpers were stainless.  They were painted when I acquired, I stripped them and took them to a plating shop.  Two days later they called and said they couldn’t plate them because they were stainless.  Don’t know if all 89’s were the same.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

That is interesting. My 1978 was definitely chromed steel. The chrome had cracked and the steel was rusting..

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

All the bumpers I have seen on Newells built in the early to mid 80's have been aluminum. Some polished, most not. Mine are aluminum, but not polished.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

My brother has an 84’ 40ft and it has two stainless bumpers, as does our 89. We both had the front and year bumpers mirror polished on the two coaches and they look terrific. I would call Newell and ask Tommy Key where the bumpers were sourced from originally. He may just remember or have access to the contact info.

Polished stainless on the '86 as well.  With the right equipment the bumper can probably be straightened if one can't be found .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand