You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking at buying a Classic 1980 Newell coach in CA

Clarke, thanks for your response. I hope the coach has the 903 instead of the 555. Based on the information posted on the Wanderlodge forum, the 555 might be a little underpowered. I am also not sure if the coach is really 40 feet long. The fluid analysis sounds like a good idea. I saw some pictures of your Classic. It is beautiful.

Ccjohnson, thanks for the information on the charger. That is not something I would have thought to replace.

Tom, thank you very much for your advice and contact information. I have restored/rebuilt a few cars as a hobby. A couple of them would have been much more difficult without forums like this. I will make sure that the ppi includes fluid analysis, if it passes the visual inspection. Thanks for the warning about crawling under the coach. I have a SUV with an air suspension. My son already offered to look under the coach for me. I reminded him of what happened to the SUV when the compressor failed. My wife and I would both enjoy bringing this coach back to life, provided the bones are good.

Thanks again guys for taking the time to offer advice. I really appreciate it. I am waiting for additional pictures of the engine, generator, and shower area. I will post updates.

Messages In This Thread