You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Poll: Did you buy your Newell from a Dealer or Private party - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I purchased from a Dealer
24.00%
24.00%
I purchased from a private party
76.00%
76.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll; Did you buy from dealer or PP

I'm interested in how often a Newell changes hands from private party seller to private party buyer, versus dealer to private party

I went and looked at several and choose to buy one from a private party. No warranty, no cooling off period (not that it exists), no trade in. No trade in places me in the spot to sell to a private party. It always comes down to pricing for me to sell. Ugh.....

I'm now thinking this may be too personal, expound if you like.

Did you buy from a dealer or private party?

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Fifth motor home. Bought 1 from a dealer. Bought 4 from private party. Traded one in to a dealer. Sold three to private party.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Private party on both buy and sell

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Bought and sold through consignment dealers.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Bought mine from Newell.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

(12-12-2018, 07:49 AM)smagown Wrote:  Bought mine from Newell.

I have had 5 coach over the past 18 years. 2000 Allegro Bus (Dealer), 1994 Senic Cruiser (PP), 1989 Newell (marathon dealer), 1996 Newell (Bank), 2004 Newell (PP).  Buy and Sell where the deals are and you are comfortable with. Have always sold My self. Tried one time to do on consignment and didn't work for me. Usually the owner know the coach the best.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

We bought our classic from Todd Flickema, another member of this forum. We were living in California, and Todd was in South Dakota. It was a familiar coach to several GURUS here, and we could look at Todd's posts over the previous years to note his joy ( and frustration) with his coach. This spring it will be 3 years of ownership or us, and 2 years full timing. Todd, it's time for you to buy a replacement coach Smile

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

first newell bought from private party and sold privately. second newell bought from private party. third newell bought from private party

here in arizona, there is a quirk in the vehicle sales tax laws. if you buy from a dealer you pay sales tax on the sale...around ten percent

if you buy from a private party, there is no sales tax.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

quite interesting results on the poll, though the numbers are small. but 12 private party to one dealer says something. not sure what but something.

for me it is about sales tax. and the hope the owner knew more about the coach

why for the rest of you was it to buy through a private party? what things makes it more attractive to buy from a private party?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(12-13-2018, 07:45 AM)encantotom Wrote:  quite interesting results on the poll, though the numbers are small.  but 12 private party to one dealer says something.  not sure what but something.  

for me it is about sales tax.  and the hope the owner knew more about the coach

why for the rest of you was it to buy through a private party?  what things makes it more attractive to buy from a private party?

tom

The reason I bought mine from a private party is Richard told me he had owned the coach I bought.The guy he sold it to had it for 3 years and Newell did most of the work on it while he owned it.

1995 # 390