You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor on in storage?

" I have not cleaned the seals. I had it back to the factory for service this fall. Would they clean the seals as a part of regular service?"

Before I move my slides I make sure there is no debris that will be drawn into the coach.  I also clean the slide surfaces that will be drawn inside when the slide is closed.  I also wax the slide surfaces that are drawn in by the seals occasionally.

On the other hand I have never cleaned my seals, nor have I ever heard of, until now, anyone cleaning their slide seals.  I have never heard of, seen or been suggested by Newell that the slide seals need cleaning as part of preventative maintenance.  My seals are original to the coach that just had its 20th birthday.

As a person who does his own preventative maintenance and keeps a strict schedule for the same, I would need more info on the slide seal cleaning method.  What product(s) and/or tools are used in the cleaning.  How often?  etc........................

"I have owned this coach for about a year so still learning about Newell’s."

I am just starting my 10th year of Newell ownership and I too am still learning!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Compressor on in storage? - by Samt - 12-27-2018, 08:22 PM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by pairodice - 12-28-2018, 06:36 AM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by RussWhite - 12-28-2018, 06:57 AM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by Samt - 12-28-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by Fulltiming - 12-28-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by rheavn - 12-30-2018, 10:10 AM
RE: Compressor on in storage? - by Land Yacht - 12-30-2018, 07:12 PM