You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide pin lock

Hi Bruce
In our coach, the curved crown molding was fasten to the side wall with drywall type screws while at the top, where it meet the ceiling panel, it was fasten into the ceiling panel with some type of continuous thin flat metal piece that had sharp points pressed into both the ceiling and the crown. I tried to remove the crown by myself and that was a mistake as while the crown was in two pieces the metal attachment was only one long one so when I pulled the short piece of molding down it really bent up the metal and made it difficult to reinstall. I also eliminated the front pin by bypassing the fittings going to it and have had no trouble since. I hope this makes scenes. Good luck with it

Dario Perini
2001 45'8" #581

Hello Dario,
When you removed you salon side wall to ceiling cove trim.  How did you get the ceiling to cove molding to separate?  Was the cove molding in one piece i.e front to back or was there a split in the middle?  I have removed the sheet metal screws from the side wall but the cove molding still seems pretty solid.

Thanks

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Since this thread was discussing slide pin locks I’ll revive it if that’s ok. My rear slide is not moving when the key is on and the extend button is pushed. I can see the rear-ward slide pin is sticking out just a little when the key is on. Would this cause the slide to not extend? I seem to remember somewhere someone mentioned using a magnet to help the slide pin up but I’m not sure where (or how) to place the pin. I searched but this was the closest thread I could find. Any help is appreciated! Also how do I remove the pin/mechanism if the electromagnet inside is not working?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

The pins are extended & retracted hydraulically by the extend and retract solenoids in bay L-1.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I talked to Newell this morning and they confirmed that for my style pins there are no wires showing so it probably is run by the hydraulic system. I have to wait until tomorrow to test it again due to WORK always getting in the way lol. Now the problem is that the slide needs to come out about 3 inches for the valence to be removed but I can’t get the slide out to extend so I’m stuck. I’ll try again in the morning…

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian
Try changing out the rocker switch, My bedroom slide stopped extending intermittently. Swopped the switch from my generator slide and know problem since. The switch for the bedroom need to pass a lot of amps to push the signal all the way to the front where the HWH stuff is. There is a lot of line loss in a 12V DC circuit and even though the switch shows continuity it may not be allowing enough amps to pass through. The switches are a simple duel pole duel through momentary rocker switch. I got these on amazon (Gardner Bender GSW-46 Electrical Rocker Switch, DPDT, ON-OFF-ON, 20 A/125V AC, Spade Terminal,Black,Small). Just take a photo of the wiring before you pull it apart and your golden. Also its the same switch as used on the front slide and generator slide is its hyd so you could test by just swapping in one of those.

Bruce & Val
New Owners 1999 Newell #528

I will keep the rest of this thread so as to not confuse things… I should know better than to cross-post things!
Other thread - http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...8#pid51958

Link to rocker switches that Bruce was referring to on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-GS...B01HTZLAU2

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

We are at Newell in Miami. 
Seems the HWH locking mechanism (p/n RAP 16701) has failed. Leaking fluid. 
Newell doesn’t carry HWH parts…so I called HWH and was told this part is make to order only, and they told me to go online to order it but could not say when they would be built or shipped. Apparently their way of dealing with their backlog is a call back system from the “dark ages”.  Newell has rewired so the salon slide will work w/o the locking pins, but now the floor won’t come up after the slide goes out. So far the solution is to install a switch in the hydraulic bay that has to be pressed and held while the other person holds the extend button inside the coach. Hardly a good long term solution. Has anyone had a similar experience or any ideas on the matter?
Thanks in advance

Ken and Pam Cameron
Newell #566, 2000 Newell 45 with 3 slides
Tow 2017 Ford Cmax Energi Hybrid

Rebuild it. Nothing special about the seals and o rings internally. Mr. Steve Denton has done the heavy lifting on this one.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=5752

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ken I'm sorry I just seen this but I have seals and o-rings for 5 rebuilds, I'm only 50 miles from Newell, if your still in the area I can give you a set to rebuild your lock. The new style locks they sold me are very different, the are longer and required a little bit of grinding off the pointy part of the plunger to make it work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas