You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1990 Newell vs 1999 Foretravel: first coach decision

i have had a 90 newell that was 38' and now my 2002 45' newell and i also have a 99 newell that is 41 foot.

and been in alot of foretravels, including rudys, and the coach forest currently has.

i like the foretravels alot as well. i am over 6 foot 2 and the ceiling in my 90 newell was barely above my head. in my 02 i have over a foot over my head inside. the foretravels i have been in have a fairly low ceiling as well.

my 90 was a great coach. you do have to know how to drive a dd 8v92 more than you would the cummins.

i wouldnt be concerned about miles on either of the coaches you are considering. but any coach that is 20-30 years old is going to be a hands on fix it kinda deal. meaning it will eat you alive money wise if you have to pay someone to do everything. these things do require work and tlc.

the better coach is the one you feel the most comfortable with. the feel inside of the 99 foretravel and the newell are quite different.

remember too the condition of the tires and batteries as those can set you back quite a chunk of change just to get started.

you will not find us telling you to only consider newells. the gurus like all coaches and will support and help you in whatever choice you make. the foreforum is an incredible resource and has a large active membership who help folks out like we do here.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread