You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1990 Newell vs 1999 Foretravel: first coach decision

Thanks for the responses so far. How the coaches have been maintained is a top concern for me as I do not have deep pockets. I will try to find one that is good to go as it sits but do expect to have to do some catch up maintenance. Rust is a concern for me on the foretravel as it is from Florida and seems like it has been in the weather for some time. I will go to see both coaches in the next couple of weeks to see them and have inspections done on each.

I was really curious of people’s opinions on which coach would be a better choice because of things like the difference in transmission and heating systems etc. I am also concerned about getting the Newell because of the engine. I am on the east coast and although I know both companies have great service and support from the factory, it would be unlikely for me to get to either Texas or Oklahoma. The Cummins i know has service available all over, the Detroit diesel I am not so sure about. I also know that the Newell will not get as good mileage as the foretravel but not sure how significant a difference that will be over the time of ownership, especially since I think I can get the Newell cheaper.

As I said I am in the northeast (New York) and expect to be living in the coach for a little while and I will not be plugged in. So how the heat and furnaces work is important to me also. Generally I think that as long as the condition of the coach is good and it has been maintained, either coach would work for me, just trying the one that would work best, depreciate the least in the next 5-10 years and hopefully be the easiest to live with.

Thanks for the reply’s and the info on the bulkheads, I will deffinately take a look when I go see them. Other than that I look forward to more responses and opinions.

Morgan

Messages In This Thread