You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1990 Newell vs 1999 Foretravel: first coach decision

The Newell I am looking at is in Kentucky and foretravel is in Florida on the Atlantic side and if anyone has recommendations for coach inspections in each location I would be appreciative. I am fairly short so ceiling height should t be a problem for me. As far as mileage, those are the numbers I was expecting for each. Tires and batteries on each are supposed to be fairly new, at least the batteries. Tires are good on the foretravel for another couple of years but will need to be replaced soon, on the Newell I am told they are good but can’t seem to get a date from the lady who is selling it. Will definitely be part of the equation when I make a decision. The interior of the Newell is of course pink/peach color as they were in that time period and I do believe I prefer the foretravel interior slightly but could live with the Newell, it is reminiscent of south beach Miami Florida from the 1980’s-1990’s.

As far as the furnaces are concerned, I am assuming that the aqua hot would be better than the propane furnaces. I do have a question regarding heating I. The winter (or a/c in the summer) and having pets. Can you leave your dog in the coach alone in either situation (summer a/c or winter heat) with the ability for the heat or a/c to kick on automatically so it would be safe to leave a pet in the coach alone for hours at a time? That is something I haven’t been able to figure out. I have seen generators that kick on automatically when the batteries get lower but nothing about setting tempature and holding automatically.

Morgan

Messages In This Thread