You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1990 Newell vs 1999 Foretravel: first coach decision

We leave our mutts in the coach all the time - not sure they know how to get out... We are cognizant of the temps during the day to prepare for which the A/C or heat should be on. Our Newell will hold the temp for quite a while and I don’t remember our FTs being extremely cold or hot. For instance today we are starting off about 45deg but will go up into the 60s here in Phoenix. Since we ran the heat last night the coach is comfy for the mutts this morning and the heat was not running (set to about 65) but since we will be gone for a while I switched the A/C on to about 78 in case it gets too hot. They seem to be comfy at that temp as they are small and like it warm anyways.
We loved all of our FTs and we love our Newell as well. It took us a while to get used to all the laminate inside the Newell after having Walnut, Maple, etc in all our FTs but now my wife would not go back because the laminate is so easy to keep clean.
On the 8v92 make sure the coolant hoses have been changed recently as they are a big issue - if they break on you on the road you will lose your engine...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread