You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1990 Newell vs 1999 Foretravel: first coach decision

You might check the coach for an auto-start switch box for the Generator - we had a coach with one and it worked very well. If the batteries ran down to a certain percentage drained the generator would kick in.
You might also consider a 1990 up Bluebird Wanderlodge - they are all steel (whereas the Newells are all stainless/aluminum) and are very heavy but great coaches with wonderful build quality. If you can find a 1995-up in your price range then you would get the S60 engine which is much cleaner than the 8v92 (although I loved my 8v92). If you are a fixer-upper and love gadgets/electrical things then the BB’s are fun. It is hard for me to say which is my favorite - best memories were in the FT 2000 42’er because we traveled/lived so much in it. I really loved the BB but love the Newell equally as well. It’s like anything, the more time you spend in it (and $) the more you grow attached to it. I once had a girl tell me ‘if you stand near a telephone pole long enough you will fall in love with it’ - not really sure what that says about me since we broke up! Lol

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread