You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thanks for the add ... and all the great info!

Thanks for letting me join the forum! My husband and I have been researching RVs for about four years as our retirement travel plan. We both retired at the end of 2017 but are still in transition as we have one house to sell (currently on the market) and a vacation condo that we may or may not wish to keep as our base. 

Last summer we pulled the trigger on a new Class B motorhome just to get our feet wet and get on the road enjoying the country. We love the flexibility of the small size, we can stop and park anywhere (it's actually our daily driver as well!) and if we feel the urge, can also pull into a hotel parking lot and get a hotel room for a night.

However, if we decide to go full time and give up on having any type of fixed home, we will need something bigger. We have considered everything from an Airstream travel trailer to a new Tiffin or Newmar Class A (gas or diesel) to a used Newell, Prevost or Foretravel.

We are extremely concerned about quality which is what has brought us to looking at Newell and Prevost, but are also concerned about the ongoing maintenance and repair costs of them, considering we would need to be looking at around 10 years old. 

We also enjoy traveling spontaneously and without reservations, so are unsure how that would work if we get a bigger rig. 

I've read a lot of the threads already and look forward to learning more, particularly what to watch for as we consider various used rigs.

Messages In This Thread
Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by csm - 02-17-2019, 07:10 PM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by HoosierDaddy - 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by csm - 02-17-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by ccjohnson - 02-18-2019, 07:04 AM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by csm - 02-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by encantotom - 02-18-2019, 07:36 AM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by csm - 02-18-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by Fulltiming - 02-18-2019, 08:37 AM
RE: Thanks for the add ... and all the great info! - by csm - 02-18-2019, 09:19 AM