You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

thoughts on pads to put under tires outside

my coach has a very small leak between the up solenoid and bag on the drivers side front airbag.  i have changed the bag with no luck.  

it is almost impossible to see up there and i am out of time before we leave for 6 months to fix it.  

it takes about 24-36 hours for it to leak down.  

we are going to be in the same rv park for 6 months.  with the slides out and when i let the air out of the bags, the coach is leaning down on the drivers side.  

about 2 inches on the front and an inch in the back.  the inch in the back i believe is a result of the front going down farther.  

these slides are so heavy it is not surprising to me that it leans that much.  

so my simple plan is to put pads under at least the front drivers tire and perhaps under the rear drivers side tires.  

i have only a week or so to figure out.  i looked at composite outrigger pads and they are quite pricey.  

the park i am staying at is compacted gravel.  

i could cut up 24x24 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood and glue them together,  i could use OSB, i could use 2x12 with a 3/4 plywood on top but i dont want to use screws so they have any chance of getting in the tires.

looking for additional ideas for my makeshift leveling fix.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

What about one of the horse stall mats at Tractor Supply? You could cut them and stack them however you need. Not sure of the density but they might work and not too $$.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc..._vc=-10005

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You could make them up now, but you may not be on exactly level ground.

Since you will be there for six months, you can invest a little time in site prep. Drop the coach once you get the slides out. Figure out where you need to raise or lower a corner. Air up the coach, back up a little, move the gravel to suit you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

You can shovel out a little gravel where it's high, pile up gravel where it's low. Just remember, these coaches sit pretty low when the bags are down. Just make sure that you don't drop coach to low for steps to deploy.

I was looking at mine yesterday in the RV Park as I was dropping the coach all the way down and had to stop it short due to generator/AH pipes hitting the ground - also the exhaust will hit...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

All that clears on mine

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Adrian, might check the exhaust hangers on the AH/Generator. I had a broken hanger that was causing mine to hit early.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com