You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Guru Rally-shortened version

The main Rally thread has gotten so long, here is a shortened version.  We have over 20 Newell owners who have already signed up.  The rally is not structured with scheduled events and bus rides.  There is also no cost for the rally other than the resort site that you book.  Our rally is based on "friends helping friends" and socializing with fellow Newell owners!

There are two preplanned dinners.  The Entrekins are putting on a BYOB Cinco De Mayo dinner on May 5th.  The Bares are putting on a honoring our mothers bbq on Mothers Day evening, May 12th.

This will be our 5th year of having the rally.  The rally will be at Bella Terra RV Resort in Foley, Alabama.  Any & all are welcome to join us.  For those of you that have not joined us at Bella Terra before,  the Guru rally is just an opportunity for Newell owners to socialize with other Newell owners in the S/E part of the country. 

We will be there from May 1st thru May 15th.  Join us for any time within that period or the entire time.  Bella Terra is a top rated resort with all expected amenities.  They have 3 levels of sites which range from no improvements to full outdoor kitchens.  Make your own reservation for the site  & type you desire.  All Newells are welcome in this park, if with the rally  Classics too.    Both the park management & the Homeowners Association have agreed to waive the 15 year rule for any Newell attending the rally.  If you have any problems, let me know & I will take care of it.  For anyone who wishes to take advantage of the monthly rate, Suzy & I will be staying for the entire month of May.  

When placing a reservation, call Katie, who is our contact.  Tell her you are with the "Newell Group" and she will assist you in securing the site you want.  Suzy & I will be in site #349, which is in the n/e part of the resort.

The resort is located just a block north of Gulf Shores, AL and is just a 15 minute drive to beautiful white sand beaches.  Lots of good restaurants & shopping to meet any one's taste.  During this period the area has a balloon fest, Art in the Park and a music festival on the beach.  It is only a 1/2 hour drive to Florida.  The Blue Angels put on exhibitions twice a week in Pensacola--free.  

We will be presenting seminars on subjects that you are interested in and suggested by attendees.  One of the seminars that has been suggested is finding and solving air leak issues.  Please email or PM me any suggestions for additional seminars you may have.  [email protected]

We had a great turn out last year and hope for even more in 2019.  Unfortunately medical treatment kept me from attending last year, but we will definitely be attending as this is our favorite event of the year.  Don't miss out on the fun and meeting new Newell friends and old Newell friends too.  Don't forget that our SOB(some other brand) friends are welcome too!

https://www.bellaterrarvresort.com/

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6171]

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Just under 4 weeks until this years Guru Rally.  Recently we have had numerous Newell owners join the web site that recently purchased their "new" Newell.  I can assure you that there is no better place to get your questions answered.  You will have access to knowledgeable Newell owners that will help you when problem(s) arise.  When something goes wrong, it is very comforting to be able to call some one you met at a rally for personal help to get you going again.

Lots of great sites still available at one of the finest resorts in the country..............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

If anyone has any used parts that are still good, bring them to the rally and we will put them on a table for someone who wants or needs a spare.  I am bringing a front air spring that was still functioning when it was replaced.  I am also bringing some hosing and clamps for the radiator & turbo that will make good spares for someone.

We can also set up a "for sale" table for items to sell.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Great Idea!

1995 # 390

For those coming to the rally, "Art in the Park" is May 11th & 12th in the Foley Park. It has exhibits for everything from crafts to fine art. A great walk around.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For those that travel with your furry friends, Bella Terra has three dog run areas.  There is also an off leash dog beach at Fort Morgan and a new dog park in Foley.  The Foley dog park is divided into two separate areas--big dogs and small dogs.  Each area has several water stations, some shade, picnic table, benches and a phone charging station.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For those that want to take in the free Blue Angels air show during the rally, they will be performing on May 1, 7, 14 & 15.  Show starts at 11:30 am and lasts about an hour.  A must see if you have never seen their performance.  There is also a Naval Aviation museum on site.  Admission to the museum is also free.  About a 45 minute drive from the park.

https://www.gulfshores.com/things-to-do/...-schedule/

https://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attr...ue-angels/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For anyone coming in early for the rally, there is a car show and swap meet at the Wharf on Friday and Saturday(April 26 & 27).  Free admission!  To get to the Wharf turn right out of Bella Terra, turn right onto the Beach Expressway s/b, go over the toll bridge and it is just to the left.  From Bella Terra it is about 5 miles.

http://alwharf.com/calendar/A7A6768CD5~B...Cruise.htm

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I met with Katie, our Bella Terra contact, and the resort is putting on a wine & cheese event for our group on May 10th at 5 PM.  She said that everyone in our group was welcome to partake in any and all of the resorts scheduled events which I will post.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For everyone coming to the Rally, drive safely and the weather has been great.  There are still more sites available for any last minute arrivals.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531