You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A non-Newell question that will someday affect your Newell

Thank you all for your kind replies. I agree I have an uphill battle but I am encouraged that you found the idea intriguing. I was sort of expecting to get flamed. From the couple of interested parties that I've talked to within the industry, the largest obstacles to implementation will be the legal issues. From the beginning Tesla has had to fight to get laws changed because there were no laws that allowed cars to drive themselves. So it wasn't enough to invent something that could radically change the automotive industry... You have to change the laws of the road. I face the same challenge, which is way over my pay grade.

If I try a Kickstart campaign I can build a prototype that piggybacks on an existing traffic control for proof of concept. We would be able to show the decisions the signal made vs the decisions our system would have made. However, even if we can prove huge increases in throughput efficiency... There are currently no laws that allow it.

I just keep thinking that if I can get some exposure, someone with the resources to implement my patent will run with it. I'm not a patent troll, I want to sell or license the idea, I just don't have what it takes to push the implementation forward myself. Quite frustrating, but I am encouraged by all of your kind words.

Hello Keith, unfortunately I retired in 2008 after only 1 year as a pro. My wife had cancer and I never had the opportunity to go back. I was too old by that point anyway ?

Hoping to be a Newell owner soon
2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38K

Messages In This Thread