You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bathroom Closet Mirror Fell Off

All,
My wife just came out of the coach after completing an inventory of everything on board.  We both had been sitting on the front porch perhaps a minute or two when we heard a load crash inside the coach.  Found a glass mirror from inside the bath had fell off the rear closet door crashing to the floor (she had been in that very closet).  These mirrors are not tempered glass, broken glass was everywhere. I shudder to think if one of us had been in the bathroom barefoot getting ready for bed or a shower. 

The mirror looked like it was original and bonded to the door with 3M 77 spray adhesive.  I have to ask, has anyone else seen their mirror(s) fall off? 

I will be inspecting the remaining mirrors for integrity....any ideas on a good bonding adhesive that is designed for glass mirrors?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

When I was looking at coaches at Newell, last summer, one of the smaller bath mirrors (below the toilet paper holder, rear wall) fell off when I walked into the bathroom. It did not break. I want to say it was a 2011 coach, but can't be sure.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

The mirrors on my 1978 appeared to be fastened with a liquid nails type of adhesive. I tried to remove a couple of them. It was very difficult. I think liquid nails or silicone ADHESIVE would work. They would be more forgiving of any variance in expansion/contraction of the two materials.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Never had an issue with any of the mirrors in my Newell and it is a 1992. Glad no one was hurt.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We have 3 full length mirrors in our '82, plus two half length mirrors......all solid after 37 years.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com