You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

results from re-sealing slide skin

in a heavy rain, i would get water that showed itself in the bottom of the window track in the salon and bedroom slides.  

i am happy to say that is totally resolved.   on both slides removed the adhesive where the face of the slide meets the top/and two sides of the slide.  it was severely cracked and came out in hard pieces.  

once all removed....which i did in my shop with my scissors lift, i cleaned it up good then used 3m 5200 quick cure and made sure i got it well into the crevices.  

it is totally watertite now.  

where we have been the last 2 months it has been raining and snowing alot and not a drop of water.

i replaced the silicone beads on the corners of the slide to seal the slide seal crevices as well and no issues

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is great news!  We are still dry here actually cant wait to see how my reseal job turned out on the next rain.   Used Sika 252 on the joint and hand molded silicon corner beads.   Will post an update as soon as it rains.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL