You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bypass Engine Oil Filter

Hello All,
Coming up on a PM and wanted to know if anyone is using a Bypass oil filter on the S60? 

Thanks
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Fleetguard makes a combo filter; with full flow and bypass in one spin on canister. LF9009 for my ISM Cummins. Check the Fleetguard catalog for other apps.

.pdf LT36034AU Venturi Combo Lube Filter Brochure.pdf Size: 1.58 MB  Downloads: 25

.pdf FM040803.pdf Size: 255.44 KB  Downloads: 21

Thanks for the heads up....attached is a pdf flyer of the filter you have described, from Fleetguard.....is this the filter you are using?  That really looks promising.

Edited with another Fleet guard info pdf.

So has anyone used this filter on the Detroit S60?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve,

I am using a LF9009 which has been superseded by the LF 9039.

TG,
Thanks again for the heads up. Have a buddy who worked with a truck leasing Co. Found out this filter is all they use. Looks like the S60 uses LF 9620....Filter Barn has them @ 19.95 each.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve,  I’ve been using the LF9620 for several years with synthetic oil and the yearly test results look great.  I’m nearly 10,000 miles since last change and the reports are to continue with current operation.  Another one of our group, @Pardue101, is more knowledgeable on the series 60 since he is running them in his fleet.

10,000 miles would make non-synthetic oil ready for a change but with the synthetic, sampling, and the combo filter, the change interval can really be extended.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gorden,
Thanks for the reply......it is most helpful.  Doing the research on these filters...I will be switching as the look real good on paper.  Going to be sampling the current oil and a sample program during this next cycle. 

Thanks,
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL