You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

We Remodel

Do you have a large remodel project, or even a small one that you would like to have done? If you are looking for a change in your current motorhome's interior or exterior, we can help you out! We are specialized in many services here at Motorhomes of Texas such as flooring, upholstery, radio, surround sound, flat screen TV and satellite upgrades, lighting and fixture upgrades, custom cabinet upgrades, authorized MCD shade dealer and custom furniture and appliance installation.

If you have any project that you would like completed, feel free to contact us at 888-651-0169. 

View more before and after photos online at goMOTx.com/newell

Jennifer just joined NewellGurus a couple of days ago. This is the second post she has made and no, NewellGurus does not have any sponsors.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

MOT did some remodeling for us in January 2018 and we were very pleased with the outcome.

Reese Cantrell
Newell Coach 1242

Although I did not end up using MOT for my substantial remodel last year, they were very honest and forthright about what they could (and could not) do on our coach when I had them quote my project. And their pricing was quite competitive.

Based on feedback here and elsewhere, and my impression of their crew, I would use them in a heartbeat, if I had a future project that fit within their scope of work.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

I just spoke to Kieth at MHOT about replacing our floors. He told me that they recommend using Mannington Luxury waterproof vinyl, he told me that Newell now also recommends it.

I built a new home and finished it a year ago and put 5500 sq.ft. of this product in the house and have been very happy with it. According to the manufacture it is to be installed as a floating floor. However Kieth said that they glue it down, so I'm a little concerned about expansion and contraction, he assured me that it is not an issue. I was interested in doing the entire coach but he said that we should carpet the bedroom.

I have coach #710 that is a 2004 2 slide and he gave me a ballpark number of $15,000 - $18,000 labor plus about $3,000 - $4,000 materials, not including the new carpet in the bedroom. 

At this time he said they are taking appointments for mid August and the project would take about 4 to 5 weeks

Gurus,

Can his be correct? Isn't this stuff less than 6.00 per square foot? 
$18000 labor . At 100 per hr that's  180 hrs or 4 1/2 weeks for one man . No room for two on this job.
We were thinking of changing our solid bamboo floor out but I guess not. Yikes

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

It sounds high to me.

I paid almost the same to Newell for a full tile floor, except the rear bath and entry stairway, with electric heat mats underneath.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Check out Ernie on this forum for flooring several of us have had him install floors in the past year. Mine was less than half the price above. He only installs engineered wood. He has a long waiting list so make contact soon.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

i did about half of my cabin in luxury plank vinyl with cork backing and it is completely waterproof. there is a volume flooring store called floor and decor kinda like a costco of flooring. flooring was around 3 bucks a sq ft and every bit as good as the one mentioned above. installation was about the same.

the vinyl looks amazing.

ernie does amazing work as well. look at the pictures of what he did to bill's coach

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

IF- you want to save some serious cash- contact me. 18 grand labor is a bloody ripoff

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]