You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Difficulty in parking

Rhonda and I have been touring New England this year. And as you fellow RV park dwellers know, you see a whole lot of entertainment. 

The fellow and his wife were having a heck of a time backing their rig into the spot next to us. By heck of a time, I mean at least ten back and forths. 

Then I picked up on the root cause of all the difficulties. They were speaking in French. Goodness gracious, can you imagine trying to back up in French. No wonder they weren’t communicating. 

I started to tell them to try it in English, but then I saw the Quebec license plates, and I already know you can’t tell them anything. 

They got it on the 12th attempt. 

Happy Labor Day to you all.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I have uttered a few "french" words on ocassion when trying to get in or out of a tight spot. Not always when parking the coach either!

A couple years ago I called a campground 3 times before our trip and they assured me that they had a large enough site for a 45’ coach. They did!!!! What they didn’t tell me was that the bridge I had to cross to get to the big rig area had washed out. They routed me through all the seasonal campsites where the tenants had erected concrete block walls at the very edge of the pavement to protect their lawn! It was a nightmare...
I now try to remember to ask about such things as overhanging tree branches etc.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

And make sure you know your spotter! At a tight campground recently an "ambassador" for one of the caravans was directing a guy pulling a 40' 5th wheel into his site. He had him pull in too close to my truck which was parked in front of my coach (thankfully), then had him cut sharply into his site. Yep, the rear swung out and damaged my bumper, taillight, and fender to the tune of $1850 damage. The drivers response was "it's only a taillight".

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, If you record all his licsence plates, your insurance company will help him know the tail light issue is up for serious debate.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area