You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Fire

Check on Penske Truck rentals. Also around this area there are always a few guys who move RV's for people that don't have their own pick ups or don't like to pull them. These are mostly 5th wheels, but should not have a problem with tongue pull trailer. Another option give Bryce Anderson a call 406-371-5380. He is a freight broker and might be able to get you a split truckload rate going to Yuma. He is in MT but does freight for me everywhere. Be sure to winterize the water system before you leave the coach in NY or you / next owner will have more than just the engine compartment fire to fix.

Brad, Check your PM's!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Update: Penske is the same price as u haul. Also since last update there is a guy that wants to buy the coach real bad and is willing to pay whatever the insurance will offer which I am still waiting on. He is a bus nut and i figure we could avoid the process of a salvage title situation if he just buys it outright. Don't run across a situation like that every day, That is if he is sincere and he seems to be. Everyone in this neck of the woods has been very friendly to us, just a bunch of great folks here. The guy that owns the towing company where the coach is also is letting me keep the trailer there beside the coach at no cost. J&J Towing in Davenport Ny. nice folks. Hoping to hear from the insurance tomorrow or thursday.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Hey Guys, Has anyone mounted the FireFightProducts. SS300R6 in the engine compartment? If so, where did you mount yours. Thanks John Hilditch

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

Yes, I mounted the cylinder part of the SS300R46  in the back corner of the engine compartment on my '81 and '87.  I mounted the sprinkler heads (there are 2) facing down from the top on each side of the engine.  Mac the Fire Guy showed me where to put everything on the '81 then I copied it on the '87.  You probably don't have the same space available back there as the classics do but maybe this will help.

Update: so we flew to Phoenix from New York to look at a Monaco dynasty 2003 with 1500 watts of solar. Well we made the purchase and are on our way back to NY to get our trailer and fj cruiser and continue our trip to Yuma our winter spot. The 409 hp Cummins has a noticeable amount of power and tourqe over the Newell but you still can't beat the build quality of the Newell. We will forever miss our Newell.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I’m glad you are getting it back together Brad.. you are welcome to stop in anytime!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

With patience & time you may yet find another Newell Brad.

Wow Brad that was a real fluke , imagine what that blaze would have looked like if you were not handy with the fire extinguisher ? Its too bad that insurance company's write things off so quickly these days ! Don

Don & Linda
1987 Newell Classic 40 foot tag axle, silver 92 Turbo Ddec1
Coach #146

This has always scared me to have a fire in the engine compartment and not know it. I just ordered a SS300R46. I'll feel better while I'm driving, once installed.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.