You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Low Fuel Level Switch Access Cover

All,
While I had my fuel tank out it became apparent, from the tank side of the wheel well.  There is an access plate for the low level sensor.  It is held in place with two screws.  Mine was still covered with the spray foam, on the wheel side of that bulkhead.  It looked undisturbed and original that completely hid the panel.

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Fantastic observation. It may save another guru a lot of bother one day.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Steve,

So what exactly is a “low level sensor”? My fuel gauge is reading wonky and I am starting the journey to fix it.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Does it trigger a light? I don't think I have one but maybe have never gotten low enough.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,
On #525 we have a "Low Fuel" light on the master warning panel. When I replaced my tank I copied the original tank size and locations of each outlet. The low fuel sensor was centered at 3" from the bottom of the tank.....not the bottom of the sump but the main tank bottom. Starting with an empty tank, I put 5 gallons in at a time and let it settle down before moving to the next 5 gallons. At 30 gallons the light went from a blink to completely out.....I added about 3 more gallons as that is all the clean fuel I had at home. Took off to the truck stop about 15 miles away. About half way there the light did start blinking at me. So in my case, I have about 25 gallons usable from at the point of a low fuel light....not that I want to get that low just good to know.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

So what exactly is a “low level sensor”? My fuel gauge is reading wonky and I am starting the journey to fix it.

Bill,
I used this part number for the low level sensor. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0136P...UTF8&psc=1

For the fuel level sensor I ordered one from here....https://www.fisheriessupply.com/vdo-gauges-tube-type-12-24v-fuel-sender.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve:
Thanks for the info and sources for this problem.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458