You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Excalibur in Sanford Fla.

Looking at maybe doing business with them. Does anyone have personal experience with this company?

Good, bad etc

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Excalibur Coach is good.  I looked at several Prevosts and one Newell from Doug, the owner.  Very good guy and recommend him.  He's extremely knowledgable on Newells and prefers them over Prevost!  The only reason why I didn't buy from him was because of finances at the time.

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Vinnnie, Thank you!

It seems that most rigs I find are not on the left coast and I just don't know anyone on that side of the country. I'm considering the 606 he has. I really like it but better move fast. So you would be comfortable with his assessment of any unit he was selling?

Most guys say get an independent PPI done.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

I visited him twice and spoke on the phone at least a dozen times.  When he gets a coach in, whether it's a Prevost or a Newell, he goes through the entire coach and replaces whatever needs to be replaced.  Rip in the seat?  New upholstery.  TVs outdated?  New flat screens.  Inverter going bad?  You get the point.  And then he sells it with nothing wrong with it at a premium price.  Getting a 3rd party PPI is always a good idea, but I'm confident that the PPI will prove that the coach is solid.  In fact, I wasn't even thinking about getting a PPI when I was there based on what I saw.  Also, a quick story about my experience with PPIs: I brought the coach that I have now to Newell for a PPI since I bought it from a private party.  $1800 later they said the coach was solid.  In retrospect what that meant was nothing was currently broken.  What that does not mean is that the shocks and airbags and seals were all on the verge of imminent replacement!  Of course they don't tell you that part.  So was the PPI really worth it?  With a private party sale I would still say yes especially if this is your first coach.  With Excalibar I know Doug already went through the coach and checked and replaced all the expensive parts.

Vinnie 

Point taken!! Again thank you. Now Ive got to work on the boss LOL,LOL

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Vinnie,
How far are you from Sanford?

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

About 3.5 hours.  I'm in Fort Lauderdale.  Need some help?

Vinnie 

I was there today and took delivery of
Our first Newell. We bought the 2001 3 slide Newell from Doug at Excalibur and it went off without a hit hitch Smile
 We are very pleased with the deal and service
We got from Doug.

RVUSA65,
Glad you made it home, I trust she rode very nice. It was nice talking with you!

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

RVUSA65, what is the coach number of your Newell? It is the last 3 digits of the VIN, visible from the outside looking into the driver's side window. If you will add a profile signature line with you name, the year and coach number of your Newell, it will make it easier to provide answers to any questions you might have.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Nice looking coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com