You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Waste tank sensors

Hi Richard,
Yep, Robert again (#431) got the coach back, it now looks great, but noticed small leak happening (i suppose when it shakes things break) from the bottom of the waste tank. Yes, I am awake at night thinking about the waste sensors (wife wants immediate attention to this new glitch) .Usually starts when the tank is about 4-6 inches full or greater, ~ when level is right near 1/4 tank sensor. I cross checked all water leak points sinks, showers, toilet, washer, outside faucets and the fresh water tank no leaks from any of them. The actual leak is very small (~1/2 cup) every 15 min or so. Spawns a slow dripping from water bay (yep stinky water too). No leak when I leave waste drain open. Read some blogs and talked to Newell tech's. The suspect is one of the sensors possibly leaking. I have yet to see an actual leak (but using towels isolated it to the waste tanks bottom right below the sensor. I will look closer when i take of the covering, but the 1/4 full sensor is looking like the culprit.
My question, For short term fix would it be feasible to patch the sensor area (thinking all of them) with a rubber sealant. I figured it's not under too much pressure and we only usually fill our tank about 1/2 before dumping. Was concerned about using rubber around the sensor.

Robert David & Teresa Ann Smith 
coach #431
Long Beach, MS

Messages In This Thread
Waste tank sensors - by Richard - 01-31-2020, 12:22 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Robert David Smith - 04-06-2020, 05:56 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by LynnJeff - 04-06-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by rheavn - 04-07-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Richard - 04-07-2020, 05:38 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by folivier - 04-07-2020, 09:21 AM
RE: Waste tank sensors - by Guy - 04-07-2020, 03:32 PM