You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!!

Vinnie,

I am sorry you are having to go through this. There is no easy / simple / perfect solution to the current situation. Here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Dave is correct on avoiding going the lawyer route. It ends up costing everyone money and lawyers (no offense intended) are not in it to win. They are in it to create billable hours. Threatening legal action will not have the desired affect I suspect.

One way out of this mess is to talk to the owner / manager at the place and tell him you are done with the shop and want your coach back. Figure out the minimum it will take to get the coach safely drivable. Negotiate on the cost of the work that has been accomplished successfully. If they screwed stuff up that does not affect driving, let it slide.

Once you have your coach back, you can then create a list of what needs to be done to get your coach livable again. I would think that the gurus will help in any way that they can to get you in a better place.

There is a chance that you will have to take it to Newell or another reputable dealer for some things. (Like slide work)....but I bet there is a lot you can do yourself with the help of this site.

One thought turns over and over in my head. It has to do with the biggest mistake I have made with my coach. If you find yourself dealing with a new vendor / maintenance facility....Ask them to do one simple thing and see how it goes. If they do the simple thing well, then you can ask them to do more and only when you really trust them do you give them the laundry list.

My experience when my differential blew up ended up costing me a lot of $$$$. I allowed them to do all sorts of stuff besides rebuilding the diff. Big mistake.

I do not mention this to pile on. You have been through a lot already...it is more for the next guy.

Bottom line. If I were in this situation. 1) Get the coach back in whatever condition you can. 2) Negotiate for the lowest price for work that has been completed. 3). Make a list of what is still broken and get input from the gurus about how to get that done.

I suspect the shop owner would like to get this coach off his books and a reasonable face-to-face meeting might be the way to do that.

Finally...Most of us hate confrontation. Yelling does not really get things done. However, if you make your request clear...”I want my coach back right now”. It might actually work.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Cienzo1 - 02-24-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by encantotom - 02-24-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Tony Van Helden - 02-24-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by LynnJeff - 02-24-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by DK on the road - 02-24-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by rheavn - 02-24-2020, 07:35 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by bikestuff - 02-24-2020, 07:37 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by NotSoFast - 02-25-2020, 01:28 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by folivier - 02-25-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Junior Guru - 02-25-2020, 09:23 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Junior Guru - 02-25-2020, 09:31 AM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by DK on the road - 02-25-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by MrE - 02-25-2020, 06:14 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Cienzo1 - 03-09-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Junior Guru - 03-09-2020, 03:22 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by Deper10 - 03-09-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by ron skeen - 03-09-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by KJones - 03-09-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!! - by [email protected] - 03-10-2020, 11:53 AM