You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

engine compressor air dryer filter leak

background.....

i just changed a front drivers side airbag on my 99.  aired it up and measured each corner from friday till today.   holds steady for 3 days

i started the engine up briefly to straighten the front wheels out.  after turning it off there was a loud air leak i could hear as soon as i went out the door.  

traced it to the engine compressor air dryer in the drivers side rear wheel well.  when spraying soapy bubbles on the back side of it that was facing the rear engine firewall, you could hear the bubbles hitting the leak as you sprayed it    no bubbles though since the leak was so big

took it off, and the pictures tell the story.  inside was totally gunked up and the you can see the holes on the side of the filer cartridge that was facing the rear firewall and had rusted through.  

i had one in the supply cabinet so changed it out and all was good.  

i did put jackstands under it and a jack at the rear trailer hitch.  didnt want to loose an arm.....ha

btw,  the reason it didnt leak only on shop air is there is a check valve there somewhere that isolated that filter from the main coach air. when i started the engine up, it put air on that filter and it started leaking.  

to

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

you can see from the box, but i used a Baldwin BA5374

tom

Wow,
The bottom of that coach looks like it was manufactured yesterday.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

tom, my shop looks exactly like yours. only problem is that i haven't built it yet. :-(

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

took me years to plan and two years to build.

just wish i could have done it before i retired.

tom