You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Molding coming loose

The pop rivets on mine holding the stanchions on sheared because the rivets holding the skin needed replacing that are underneath the trim. I removed my door bell/intercom out of the way. The first stanchion from the door I left enough slack upon re-reveting it to let it pivot. I threaded the trim back on with the door open and slid the trim back in place by tilting the door end in the 2 o clock position, installed and then put the end screw back in. You get the long piece off with one person holding and pulling the trim while a second person hits it with a rubber mallet toward the rear of the coach. I had to pull both of those pieces and replace the rivets and the rivets in the stanchions. The trim starts to become loose when the hidden rivets under them shear. I think Tom may have done this on the drivers side of his coach. Get you a $39 air rivet gun at Harbor Freight or you will look like Pop-Eye trying to pop the rivets in by hand.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Messages In This Thread
Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-20-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by rheavn - 04-20-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by smagown - 04-20-2020, 07:56 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-21-2020, 05:56 AM
RE: Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-21-2020, 11:13 AM