You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

THANK YOU GURUS

When darlene and i started this forum 8 years ago, it was just to be for our friends to share info.  today that is still the case only the number of friends has grown dramatically.  i get calls, emails, texts, or chats everyday from gurus and all of you have become part of our extended family.  and btw, those contacts are one of the highlights of my day.  we are retired so contact us anytiime.

a great many of you we have met in person.  we have had more guru visitors than we can recall at our place here in wittmann, and have visited many of you at your homes or on the road somewhere.  

in these days of pandemic confusion, every conversation ends with "stay safe or be careful"   we all really do care about each other.  and it shows.  how many of you have been stranded, or needed help immediately and have received it from fellow gurus?  i know i have a number of times.  the day we started the forum, darlene picked the name and the phrase "friends helping friends"  and how appropriate it has been these past 8 years.  

there are many of you that have valuable experience and all of us are thankful that you share it with us.  dont be afraid to.  if you ever need help figuring out how to post let us know.  

there are a handful of admins and moderators who help behind the scenes every day and i am so thankful for each of them.  

a number of our dear guru friends have passed on and darlene and i miss them dearly.  others have had personal challenges and the outpouring of concern that each of you show when there are personal tragedies is amazing.  

remember, there is always room for you to come visit here with us in wittmann, az      coach or not.  we have plenty of room inside as well.  

and there is always time to work on your rigs and sit in the man cave and talk about our great newells and friendships......

each of you please stay safe and be careful wherever you are

tom and darlene mccloud

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, I think I can speak for most of the Gurus in thanking you for your dedication and effort you pour into this site, but most of all for you friendship. You provide a terrific service both through the internet and via email, phone and individual support. Having been friends with you and Darlene prior to the advent of NewellGurus, Georgia and I can attest that you are a caring person who serves as a prime example of 'friends helping friends'. We love the two of you dearly as well as your children and grandchildren. Watching them grow and develop is a joy to us.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This site makes owning a Newell much more enjoyable.Thank you Tom and Darlene .

1995 # 390

Tom,
Everything you said is completely true and not exaggerated.

I want to thank you personally for one thing seldom mentioned. This forum maintains a high standard of decorum. Differences in opinion, experience, and approach are handled without rancor.

We owe that standard of behavior to you.

Thank you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Being a Guru has given us a feeling of being with friends who are there for us in good times and bad. We experienced  the same, staying with Tom amd Darlene at Guru world headquartes in Whitman.  

The first time we met Clarke and Elaine Hockwald was in Riverside California ,the day we saw our first Newell in person.  They  told us about the gurus, and the fun and support  being part of this fellowship. When we purchased our Newell in Sioux Falls South Dakota, Todd Flickema mentioned many of the same things, and included official Newell guru hats with our purchase. I doubt we would have bought a 35 year old coach if we thought that we were sailing into uncharted territiory. 

We love the fact that this is a caring group of people who have so much in common. Much more in common than owning the same brand of motorhome. 

A big thank you to Tom and Darlene !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks Tom!! You've help me as have others on this forum. I wasn't happy that I had to just toot my horn while passing your place a few months ago but covid had just hit and well you know the rest lol. If I ever get that way I'm sure to make a pit stop. Thanks to all the guru's you've all been a great source of help to us newbies.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Thank you Tom, this is the best and most informative forum about everything Newell.  I read these posts every morning when not traveling, I look forward to learning from each post.  This is a great group and have enjoyed meeting a few members during our travels.  Hopefully we will have the pleasure of meeting you in person.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Even though I don't have a Newell anymore I still love coming here reading and helping whenever I can. I've made lifelong friends here. And like Richard said this forum is unique, the attitude here is very helpful and friendly. Tom sets a great example. If you've spent any time with Tom you will know what I mean. This is a true treasure.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

We first met Tom and Darlene in the summer of 2008 when they came through SoCal on a multi month trip in their 1990 Newell. We met Michael and Georgia, who were living fulltime in their 1992 Newell at Newport Dunes in Newport Beach at the same time. We became friends and have stayed at Tom and Darlene's home virtually every year we have owned our 1982 Newell for anywhere from a week to two months this past time. We have stayed at Michael and Geogia's home in Austin, TX, Forest and Cindy 's home in Thibodaux, LA, at Richard and Rhonda's homes in both Huntington, WV and Inverness, FL, as well as Pam Reganall's home in Muskogee, OK, and Dean Stoop's' home in Indiana. They are all salt of the earth people. We value their friendship, and cannot imagine our lives without them in it.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

As an SOB (some other brand) member of this august forum, I get as much or more help from its members as I do from the forum for my coach. Plus, I have made really good friends of a number of members that I treasure a bunch.

So a sincere thank you Tom for all you do for the forum and for being one of those friends.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area