You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1976 Newell Project. Save Her from the Shredder!

I was the 2nd owner of a 1976 Newell that we lived & traveled in extensively for a few years. Newell refurbished it some time before we bought it so the interior is good. It has less than 100K miles on it.

I sold it on eBay 7 years ago to a Canadian buyer. He let it sit in storage in Florida all these years. It now has to be moved by mid-August. 

I don't have the time or desire to put it back in roadworthy condition. It needs the fuel flushed & tanks drained & cleaned. I put a new battery in it & briefly turned the key with new fuel in the filters. It turned over but I really didn't try to start it. It has a Cummins 555 which always started & ran great.

The exterior shows 7 years sitting outdoors. The interior is surprisingly good. No smell; no mold; no apparent rodent or bug problem.

The owner is tired of paying storage & would probably let it go with a small remuneration. I don't want to speak for him.

I have access to the coach in storage in West Palm Beach. I have an estimate to tow it to a shop and purge the fuel lines for both the main engine & generator for $2500. If the main engine doesn't start he'll take it for salvage & cover the $2500. It has a newer Izuzu generator that will probably make the salvage worthwhile.

It's a fun coach--always gets a thumbs-up from truckers when I fuel up. It pulled a Camry effortlessly from Denver to MN & FL a couple of times.

I hate to see it go to the shredder. Anyone out there want to take it on?

Ted 303-506-7804

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have a '76 Newell that needs rescue.
Ted Johnson
Lake Worth Beach, FL

Ted has any body stepped up yet?

I have a gentleman from England inquiring about it. Otherwise, no takers.

Thanks

Ted

Have a '76 Newell that needs rescue.
Ted Johnson
Lake Worth Beach, FL

I have a friend that lives in Arkansas that is interested. I sent him an email with a text copy of your post and a link.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

im interested plz hit me up!
thanks,
kane