You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell specific detroit series 60 power steering hydraulic pump

it seems that newell has a specific hydraulic pump on our coaches that is made just for newell.  btw,  the pump is the black squarish thing on the bottom right of the engine.  with the huge hydraulic lines coming off of it.  you would need to make sure yours is the same as who knows if they might have made a few different ones.  

it is made by Geariek.    and sold to only one distributor in tulsa oklahoma

part number is GT7899    

the distributor is 

Hydraquip Distribution - Tulsa OK (918) 663-3661

when i called geariek and gave them the part number he said immediately it is for a newell coach.  

it is much cheaper to buy directly from hydraquip than from newell.   enourmously cheaper.  

sounds like they either stock only one or none but geariek said they can make one in 1-2 weeks.  

tom
[url=https://localstack.com/biz/hydraquip-distribution-tulsa-ok/13659641][/url]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,  I’m confused.   The pump in the far right picture has a different cover than the Gearik and, mine is the same as the far right picture.  I have yet to find a number, it could be my poor vision! So, what is the difference?

This is my configuration 

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon,

My hydraulic pump is like the one in the last pic. It is a SINGLE VANE, EATON # V20-IP11S-38C11L

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

ok, my bad. all but the last pictures are of ron skeens coach and he is replacing the pump. the last picture was my coach and i removed it because, yes, it is different. i didnt catch that but now we have both style pumps for people to compare to and have part numbers.

thanks for catching it

what do we say? no two newells are the same? ha

sorry

tom

btw, rons coach is a 2004

my 02 has the other pump on it

tom