You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Heart Interface

I have a Link 2000 interface.  I would like to know if I should leave the "charge" setting on all the time whether on shore power or on the road, or running generator.  When I bought the coach, the "charge" was on.  I also have been leaving the "inverter" setting turned on.  The owner's manual for me just is not very clear on that.

Also, just noticed my shore power indicator on the dash went out.  I know from my guages in the overhead that power is coming in.  Before I pull the dash down, any suggestions on the problem, other than maybe wiring at the connection or bad bulb?  If it is the bulb, would Newell be the best source for a replacement?

Thanks on advance!

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

The shore power indicator is just a bulb. (In my case I have replaced with LED). Since it is on all the time, it burns out regularly. Pop the top of the dash off and reach down and replace the bulb.

I don’t remember the Link 2000...but the charge indicator shows that the inverter is set to charge the batteries. The inverter indicator shows that the inverter is set up to provide AC power when the shore power is disconnected.

When the little red lights above the dash go out....also suspect that they are burned out. (Happens pretty often as well)

Hope this helps!
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thank you for the reply. So, I think you are saying it's okay to leave the charge and inverter turned on.

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

Yes, leave them both on while using the coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The inverter has a pass-through so if on standby and on either shore power or with generator running the inverter is not running. If power goes out then the inverter will automatically switch from shore power passing through to running off of the batteries. Just so that you know this will keep your refrigerator running but will run down your batteries after a period.
Keeping the charger on will keep a float charge (once batteries are fully charged) on your house batteries to keep up with any 12 volt loads such as your lights.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you all for the help. Last question, maybe, is the top of the dash hinged or do I take out the screws on the front panel?

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

The top of the dash is held on by tiny plastic Christmas tree shaped studs. Starting at one end just carefully pull up and you will see.

Once you have the hockey stick shape piece off you will see access holes. You will need long arms to reach in than twist the connector to remove the bulb. Like I said, I went back with LED. They are available at the auto parts store.

All the lights are in a plastic housing that is screwed to the front panel. If you remove the 4 screws at the corners (in front)...the entire housing will come out and make it much easier to change out ALL the bulbs.

Ps. If you go for LED....be sure to get some red AND yellow LEDs. (There are colored filters on the front panel and you need to match the color of the filter)

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Post a picture of the dash. I think you may have been in a transition year, and we need to see what you have before you try to remove the top.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Here are pictures of the dash.  As you can see the shore power light is on this morning.  Maybe the connection?

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

As Bill said, the cover closest to the windshield is held in place with automotive style push in christmas trees. Use a good plastic tool and pry up at each one. The front portion is not removable without access to the rear of the dash. Many of us have replaced the Christmas trees with velcro

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad