You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon blinds just fell??

So my DW was letting the blinds down and the large blind over the sofa came tumbling down on the end opposite the motor, I looked and low and behold a plastic piece that slips into the holder was laying on the sill in pieces. So does anyone know exactly what the parts are called and where I can find them?

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Mr. DLC,

Before I offer advice....is this the part?  Hunter-Douglas blinds?

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hey Bill,

If that part clips to the metal bracket that hold the little "Nib" on the end then yes. I xall it nib cause I don't know the correct term.

Thanks for the reply!

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Pictures of your broken parts?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Carthan,

Can you post a couple of pics?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Make sure your photo is on the internet. If adding the picture(s) to an existing post, then click on Edit, then Full Edit on your post on the tool bar above the text, click on the icon that looks like a picture with a + sign on the lower right. Type or paste in the url of the photo and click on Insert. If you don't have a web location to host your photos, you can upload them to the Gallery on this site and just paste in the url address for the photo from the Gallery. For a new post, make sure you are in the full edit mode by clicking on the Preview Post and scrolling down to the Edit box to insert the pictures. The Quick Reply doesn't support the functions such as inserting pictures.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Ok these are the two parts, metal bracket seems ok plastic well is toast

Update ,, after scouring the net, I think the part may look like this but Im just not sure, has anyone torn their shade apart for repairs?

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

I have had my blinds down on my 2001 HD blinds,  and my brackets go across the top so not sure how yours are held up but if I have a good part I can 3d print new ones. Also have a anemometer blade replacement that works unlike the original.

Roger1 coach#588 2001 triple slide 45.8 

The issue is identifying which manufacturer of blinds. Yours are different than my MCD.

Are there any identifying marks or brands anywhere on the blinds?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

@Roger. I replied on fbook forum and I'd like to purchase the part the you printed for the awning.

@Richard, According to my build sheet they are called silhouette which is hunter douglas if I'm not mistaken, they look original too.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans