You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Phone system

After 13 yrs of Newell ownership, we have finally used the phone.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Does Rhonda ever sleep or at least lay on the bed when you are driving? I use mine to let Georgia know we are nearing a rest stop or if traffic is getting thick when she is lying down.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Not very often, Rhonda is of the opinion that the coach cannot be driven without her assistance.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Smart woman

1995 # 390

My classic coach has brake control on the passenger side. Sue's feet "patter" on the floor when I brake .

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

When we are in the mountains I also have assistance driving but on interstate with flat land, Georgia heads to the back or at least to the dinette to play solitaire (the real kind with cards, no electronic versions for her).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yeah, I went to a lot of trouble while restoring the coach to buy 3 new phones (the old ones were busted up by the vandals) and rewire them but I'm the only one who thinks they are cool..... Here is a typical day :: first 2 hrs: she sits up front with me and we talk and plan about everything . second 2 hours: she sits on the couch with the dog surfing the net if we have service. Third 2 hours: I'm continuing to talk to her until I realize she is asleep so I turn the radio on for entertainment and to pass the time.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

My doorbell\intercom airphones won't stop ringing. Anyone know how to disconnect them?

Frank Aragona, 1994 Newell 45’ Coach, 8V92

Aragona,
Yes, remove from wall, disconnect wires. Send them to me Smile I am really trying to pu the missing pieces back on mine so I can use them.

Seriously, if you just want them to shut down, find the fuse that controls the system and pull it.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Mine will do that if the chassis battery is disconnected. Are you chassis batteries fully charged?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad