You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Zip Dee Travel Latch

Hi, has anyone used Zip Dee's travel latch? We just purchased #300 and previous owner had the main awning and the front drivers side window awning strapped to the horns on the roof of the coach. I discussed this with him and he claimed this to keep the from billowing while driving in windy conditions. Before I really knew what I was looking at, I discussed this with Tom and he suggested to add a second lever lock on the backside of the awning. Great idea but soon discovered that the  main awning already has a lever lock at the front and the back of the awning.

I have tested both awnings and they work great but I would prefer not to have to get on top of the coach to remove the straps every time I want to use the awning.

I called Zip Dee and they suggested the I install a travel latch. Great idea except the I have to mount the latch to the sidewall of the coach. It would mount behind the awning arm so I'm not worried about that. My concern is about the support behind the sidewall. 

Does anyone know where the vertical body frame supports run. Like where the start and the spacing in between? I don't want to put a whole in the side of my coach if there is no support.

Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Messages In This Thread
Zip Dee Travel Latch - by Tfrazier - 10-14-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Zip Fee Travel Latch - by Richard - 10-15-2020, 04:19 AM
RE: Zip Fee Travel Latch - by Tfrazier - 10-15-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: Zip Fee Travel Latch - by Fulltiming - 10-15-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: Zip Dee Travel Latch - by Tfrazier - 10-15-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: Zip Dee Travel Latch - by BobALou - 10-16-2020, 10:20 AM