You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello proud Newell owners! Recently I read a post about Prevost vs. Newell. I had thought I had made a decision to buy a very nice Prevost and after reading about what the folks here said about your experiences with Newell Coaches, you changed my mind....found a very nice 1993 with only 106k miles on it and in excellent updated condition per the mechanic who has been working on the coach over the years and is road ready for a cross country trip. I think it is 43.5 feet long...so excited it really looks very nice, I always wanted a Prevost due to the stainless steel siding but I think I made a better choice for comfort and reliability the Prevost was a 1990 with 148k on it and is 10k more in price....thank you folks for your positive statements about your own coaches, reading your opinions made my decision easy! Peace be with you, Pastor Rob...

Angel Soon to be new to me a 93, that's over 43'.....

Welcome Pastor Rob!! Stop by if you are ever in Northern Indiana!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thank you HoosierDaddy, that is very nice of you! Chicago is on my list so Northern Indiana will now be too!

very cool please post some info and pictures about it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I'm brand new to this Newell forum, so I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's of how to do things . . . but this "Newbie" thread seems the best place to post my question.  After retiring 3 years ago, we sold our house, bought the Newmar, and we've been travelling the country full-time, with no end in sight.  

I'm actually a "pre-newbie", because I don't yet own a Newell, but I'm really starting to believe that's the way I want to go. We have a 2018 Newmar London Aire, and I was planning on upgrading to a 2021 or 2022 King Aire. Newmar has, however, turned that coach into something that doesn't interest me.  Newmar seems to want to compete with Newell, but not only aren't they in the same class, but the 2021 King Aire isn't really a full-time coach, or at least one I'd want to live in full-time. Plus they don't offer a floor plan and other options we want.  

So that takes me to Newell, because I understand I can special order pretty much whatever I want.  This is just the beginning of my research, though, so I'm hoping to get some guidance from you Newell pros.  I'm interested in any feedback, but I certainly need to know how to proceed in special ordering a new Newell, (21 or 22, depending on how long this process will take me).  

Thank you for any input or advice you have!!

Ed and Cathie Hochuli
Home:  Wherever we're parked today! 
Employment:  "Un . . . !"  
Rig:  Newell  #1750 as of April 26, 2022!! 
       In the meantime - 2018 Newmar London Aire

Give Newell a call 918.542.3344 or better yet, take a trip to 3900 N. Main St., Miami, Oklahoma 74354 and visit the plant. They will be happy to show you how Newells are created from steel beams, aluminum panels and ribs, and wood into the finest motorcoach you will find. They have sample floorplans available to start from or if you are really looking for something unique you can start with a clean sheet of paper. You choose length, number of slides, front or mid entry, single bath, bath and a half, two baths, bunks, extra large rear bath, extra large bedroom, extra large kitchen, whatever meets your needs. They build a few show coaches each year that are ready for purchase for those unwilling to spend the time to design their coach, wait for construction to begin and then complete the construction process. Depending on demand that process can take anywhere from a few months to a year. Currently they have one completed show coach available, #1706 a 2021 model, with #1712 nearing completion. They also have numerous pre-owned coaches on their lot which were taken as trade-ins on new coaches to give you an idea of some of the design possibilities.

Most Newells are custom built for the customer with numerous customers beginning the design of their next Newell when they pick up the one they started the design on almost a year earlier. I think you will find their staff to be the most helpful, knowledgeable folks around. It truly is like a large family with many of their employees having been with the company their entire working career. Equipment and interior trim and design are first class and each Newell is unique. The paint jobs they are turning out these days are amazing with 4, 5 or even 6 colors, ghosting, fading, woodgrain patterns in the paint, also anything you could imagine. Take a look at their website at https://newellcoach.com, then click on Build Your Own.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you very much for the response and helpful information. I sincerely appreciate the suggestions, and I will begin with a phone call tomorrow morning!

Ed and Cathie Hochuli
Home:  Wherever we're parked today! 
Employment:  "Un . . . !"  
Rig:  Newell  #1750 as of April 26, 2022!! 
       In the meantime - 2018 Newmar London Aire

Ed,
You can also have Newell re-model and customize a pre-owned coach to fit your personal needs and tastes. The materials and craftsmanship are first class at Newell.

Go to Miami, and stay a couple of days. It be unlike any experience that you have ever had in the RV world.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard, I absolutely will now that you mentioned it! I am so excited, I had always dreamed of owning a Prevost and cannot believe now that I can finally afford one, I've decided on a Newell! Just goes to show...opinions and perspectives can change...and keeping an open mind is important...I pick up the coach on Thursday/Friday based on a hitch being installed on my car to haul the dolly...if it isn't on by then pick will have to wait till the next week...planning on bringing it back, getting familiar with it and packing up and hitting the road after Christmas...going to head down the east coast to Florida with many stops along the way then head west...again with many stops and then up the west coast and then back here to New York....so I'll definitely stop at Newell when heading west!!! I am sure I'll need some maintenance...106k now by then it will be 112K? it will be nice to get a recommended service guide too! I am really tickled pink over the choice, it is a 93 but with low miles and road ready...can't figure out how to upload a pic yet on this site but when I do, I will...it is very nice to be part of a friendly support group! Peace be with you, Pastor Rob.